R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS – this is a superb opportunity. You will truly learn, grow, have fun; prosper and be rewarded for your effort!
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
They now seek a Junior Analyst to join their team. This role reports to three Global Fund Managers.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates. This is a super exciting new high energy team. Excellent team dynamics; very smart, successful and positive about investments and a great work ethic.
You are smart – and have good grades and qualifications and are keen to work with an outstanding team! You know you want to be an analyst – you may just not know that they have this opportunity.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to play a key role in implementing and monitoring the investment strategies, and understanding the risk, return and capital calculations for new and existing investments;
- You will be responsible for setting and monitoring of investment mandates and investment performance, including setting benchmarks and performance targets, setting risk limits and assisting with negotiating asset management fees;
- You will be responsible for performing supporting analytics to assist in the evaluation of new investment opportunities;
- You will be responsible for ongoing market surveillance of investment opportunities locally, across Africa and abroad;
- You will be responsible for assisting with asset manager due diligence, selection, and monitoring;
- You will be responsible for providing regular input and compiling reports for internal investment committees;
- You will be responsible for working with the group on strategic investment initiatives in order to enhance return on capital outcomes for shareholders;
- You will be responsible for ongoing research into investment industry developments and portfolio structuring techniques.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a team player, friendly and articulate;
- You are prepared to work within clearly defined mandates and guidelines;
- You are prepared to be hands-on, working in a fairly small team;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- You pay excellent attention to detail;
- You have good presentation and people skills;
- You have the ability to show initiative and to work independently as well as in a team;
- You have great planning and organisational skills;
- You have great time management abilities.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services and intend to study toward a CFA or have CFA level one;
- You are studying toward your actuarial exams; or have a B.Bus Sc;
- You have minimum 1 years current, relevant investment work experience;
- You have an appreciation of the tax, legislative and capital regulatory environment within a financial services company;
- You have an understanding of the operational environment of an asset manager and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organisation in a proffesional manner. Some of your interactions will be intra Africa.
Exciting opportunity to utilise your skills and catapult your career to the ‘next’ level with a proactive, youthful and smart management team in a global best practice work environment.