R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS – FLAT STRUCTURE; SUPPORTIVE CULTURE AND GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO EARN SUPERB BONUSES.
Our client was founded in 1997 and today manage global assets in excess of R11 billion. The company is a family office and advisory business. They provide investment and wealth planning services to high-net-worth individuals, families, selected institutions and charitable trusts. The company is the largest independent advisory firm in South Africa – and growing. The team is established in major South African and international financial centre’s including Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, London, Geneva and Mauritius. When it comes to the company clients, they are far more concerned with quality than quantity. That way they remain available to them, delivering bespoke solutions, whilst keeping up close relationships with industry regulators in areas where the company operate.
They now seek a Wealth Managers to join their team. This role is to ‘woo’ top executives who are coming to retirement age and need to have wealth management solutions.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to demonstrate business development abilities in the HNW space;
- You will be required to network and develop professional connections;
- You will be required to maintain appropriate skills and knowledge in order to provide specialist, professional independent financial advice in all relevant business areas. The company does work with advisers to ensure this level of skill is maintained and developed;
- You have experience as a financial planner at a respected house;
- You will be required to be client-focused, with a desire and ability to communicate frequently with clients regarding their investments and performances;
- You will be required to conduct periodic reviews with individual clients;
- You will be required to have the capacity to build partnerships and work with others as a part of the team;
- You will be required to fulfill a wealth management role on behalf of existing and new high net worth clients; –
- You will be required to build a profitable annuity client book through new client acquisition;
- You will be required to grow revenue within the existing client base through providing client-centric wealth solutions;
- You will be required to provide regular investment reviews to clients;
- You will be required to proactively build client focused relationships with the Portfolio Managers;
- You will be required to contribute towards building and developing the wealth management business;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are bilingual- in English and Afrikaans – ideally but not essential’
- You have a high client orientation;
- You are a self-starter;
- You have the ability to work within a team environment.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have B. Com (finance, accounting), and CFP;
- You have current, relevant work experience in a similar capacity;
- You are an experienced wealth manager, but at the same time recognize talented individuals with the right qualifications and private client experience but not necessary as wealth managers and would not wish to exclude a top level candidate on this basis.
- You are a committed, driven, results orientated individual who is able to build a relationship of trust both with existing and potential clients as well as referral networks;
- You have the ability to leverage this relationship of trust to achieve set annual targets for new business;
- You are technically astute, well trained and up to date in order to deliver results;
- You are well-presented and eloquent. The company’s wealth managers are a cut above in all respects;
- You are respectful and empathetic – putting one’s self in the other’s shoes;
- You have the desire to always make a supreme effort in all aspects of how you treat others and valued clients;
- You are proficient in MS Office suite.
You will contribute to achieving the strategic goals of the business by providing an impeccable level of support and service to clients. You will be well rewarded and recognized for your excellent work and expert knowledge and capabilities.