R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE PLUS SUPERB SUCCESSION PLANNING!
Our client is a global advisory and administration firm providing a consolidated ‘one-firm’ approach to fund, family office and corporate services. They specialise in complex, cross-border solutions, operating from 14 offices across 12 countries.
They now seek a Head of Operations – Transfer Agency Services to join their team. You will report to the Global Head of Products – Transfer Agency.
Please you would form part of a team of 3; there are 4 managers and 40 operations people who report into this role.
You have superb transfer agency experience. You have a driver personality; innovate and current, relevant change management experience.
Superb career prospects!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the oversight, management and the UK Operations;
- You will be required to have overall responsibility, accountability, oversight of all operational activities, covering a range of collective investment funds (UT), retirement and life products for the company;
- You will be required to work with the Global Head of Product, regional senior leaders to implement the global operating strategy for the company’s transfer agency product. This would include the conceptualisation, implementation of improvements through a co-ordinated effort with the project office and technology teams;
- You will be required to work with the Global Head of Product and regional senior leaders to implement an optimum global administration service platform, implementing efficiencies through increased automation and global synergies across the various locations;
- You will be required to implement a common operational quality control framework in line with each of the products and regulatory requirements.
- You will be required to deliver high standards of service quality to the clients in accordance with agreed external and internal service level agreements in order for the teams that have end to end responsibility to act in a consistent and co-ordinated fashion across the firm;
- You will be required to take the operational responsibility of the product actively, support the global head of transfer agency and the other product heads to develop consistent approaches, policies and processes etc. across the range of IC products;
- You will be required to lead the day-to-day management of the BAU unit trust, retirement life operations team providing the various managers, team leaders with direction and support;
- Planning and organization:
- You will be required to work with the Product Head to co-ordinate the formulation of the direct execution of the transfer agency strategy. This will include business planning and financial forecasts which are aligned with the overall strategy of the institutional clients business;
- You will be required to work with the Product Head to ensure that there is effective organisation of the transfer agency product business, delivered via appropriate governance structures, efficient organisation charts and effective leadership;
- Operational effectiveness:
- You will be required to manage, build out key performance indicators (‘KPIs’), targets, measures of success for the transfer agency product team and manage performance against these;
- You will be required to maximise the operational efficiency in transfer agency through the development of best practice;
- You will be required to dynamically manage the transfer agency platform and eco-system;
- Operational risk/quality control:
- You will be required to implement, maintain a fit for purpose quality control framework (1st line of defence) for the transfer agency, supported by effective operational KPI’s, strong internal controls, documented end-to-end process flows and detailed operating procedures, with high awareness across institutional client operations as relevant;
- You will be required to implement, maintain a comprehensive approach to identify, manage enterprise risks across the transfer agency unit through effective engagement within the company’s risk management framework and pro-active participation in the company’s risk management process;
- Client satisfaction/management:
- You will be required to collaborate with the Head of Client Services (and Key Account Managers if relevant), to ensure that transfer agency has a respected client service team, with a defined client service approach, that manages enduring, trusted and referenceable client relationships based on quality of service, whilst delivering the required client profitability;
- You will be required to assist in the management of key client relationships (alongside the allocated key account managers and client services management team);
- One firm culture:
- You will be required to lead the transfer agency team towards a ‘one firm’ mentality and approach to ensure effective engagement with all shared services, including ICT, product solutions, internal audit, risk, compliance, HR, finance and any other shared service as may be relevant;
- You will be required to actively participate in a united institutional clients culture within the global team of institutional client product heads and regional management that is focused on shared objectives;
- You will be required to work closely with central services functions and their respective business partners;
- You will be required to support the dynamic organic, inorganic growth of the transfer agency business through alignment with the business development teams to ensure optimal operational capacity and product capability for profitable, competitive new business that can be efficiently implemented to deliver high service quality in a well-controlled manner;
- Employee management:
- You will be required to attract, retain, develop the very best talent in the markets where the company operates, delivering agreed target levels of staff turnover, tenure and skills development;
- You will be required to embed a performance management approach and culture.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to operate in a high energy, driven and entrepreneurial environment;
- You have proven interpersonal skills and ability to influence;
- You have the ability to take initiative;
- You are self-motivated and able to handle criticism;
- You have commercial acumen;
- You are able to act with a ‘one firm’ mentality, ensuring first class delivery and client service on a holistic basis;
- You are able to benchmark against top tier competitors to find best practices in the industry;
- You are able to drive success through effective negotiation;
- You have customer service and quality control;
- You are dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external clients;
- You are able to act with the client in mind;
- You are able to lead from a position of strong emphasis on controls and the ability to set the tone in a high control culture orientated environment;
- You are able to embrace complexity to deliver simplicity and value;
- You are a strong communicator and collaborator;
- You are able to command attention and can lead by example;
- You are able to successfully communicate at senior levels and is a real team player;
- You have the ability to work across business units, without a ‘silo’ mentality;
- You have the ability to work and negotiate within established frameworks to achieve the optimal result;
- You have high energy levels, fast paced, driven to succeed with a hunger to win and not be second best;
- You have a real ‘can do’ attitude and thrive in an environment of opportunity, confidence and hunger for growth;
- You are able to set and achieve very high levels of performance and continually strives for personal improvement;
- You have the ability to challenge decisions, frameworks, but also have the ability to accept, implement decisions as instructed from a higher authority and to work within established frameworks
- to achieve the desired results;
- You have project management capability with a practical hands-on approach and the ability to ‘get things done’;
- You have strong business acumen with excellent numeracy and a logical and analytical approach;
- You are accountable for your actions.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Bus Sc or CA(SA);
- You have a MBA, this would be an advantage;
- You have a minimum of 10 years current, relevant extensive experience in CIS fund administration having held senior management positions in operational roles for a minimum of 5 years;
- You have strong retirement and life product knowledge;
- You have current, relevant, extensive leadership experience within the broader Fund Administration and Financial Services industry, with a minimum of 10+ years at a globally recognised top
- tier firm;
- You have proven leadership and senior management skills with experience of managing operational teams, including other senior professionals, that together ensure delivery against targets
- and objectives;
- You have a good understanding of the institutional client sectors and preferably transfer agency, including the geographies in which the company operates;
- You have current, relevant experience within retail and institutional operations environments;
- You have previous success with designing new processes to conceptualise and assist in the development of systems to support those processes.
Exciting opportunity for a dedicated, friendly and articulate professional. You have an unblemished work track record and can manage multiple priorities and great challenges!