R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was established in 1918 and has been a prominent part of the South African business landscape. They have always held a long-term view of how business adapts to the demands of the environment in which it operates and today, in a dynamic world, they see an evolving set of social, economic, political and environmental imperatives that require their skillful response.
They now seek a Senior Manager: Group Internal Communication: Group Brand to join their team. You will report to the CEO. BRAND NEW ROLE!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop and implement an internal communications strategy aligned to the group communications strategy;
- You will be required to develop and implement action plans as per the internal communications strategy, including employee engagement (including staff activations), staff volunteerism and brand ambassadorship;
- You will be responsible for the alignment of the internal communications across the group, provide guidance and support to businesses across the group on internal communications;
- You will be required to develop, manage channels to effectively communicate corporate messages to all staff in a manner that is understandable, credible and enables staff to provide input;
- You will be required to develop and manage close working relationships with relevant internal stakeholders;
- You will be required to monitor, evaluate the impact of the internal communications strategy on the company’s reputation and brand amongst staff;
- You will be required to execute the crisis communications and reputation management strategies as required (targeted at staff across the group);
- You will be responsible for the knowledge management, including documenting case studies and best practice as well as alignment of external communications across the group;
- You will be responsible for writing, editing staff publications and overall management and editing, of all the group internal media;
- You will be required to manage the internal communications budget;
- You will be responsible for the team leadership;
- You will be required to manage the internal communications team, resources and the service providers;
- You will be responsible for the timely submission of the management reports.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are able to build partnerships;
- You have analytical thinking skills;
- You have strategic decision-making skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are proficient in other languages relevant to the company group – French, Portuguese and Afrikaans, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You are able to influence and gain commitment;
- You have strong planning and organisational skills;
- You have formal presentation skills;
- You have sound knowledge of internal communication;
- You have basic financial and economic concepts knowledge;
- You are results driven;
- You have stress tolerance;
- You are innovative;
- You have proven managerial skills;
- You have excellent networking skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Com/B. Bus Science and higher, Diploma in Communication Science or Media Studies;
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ current, relevant experience in internal communication of which 5 years should be on a senior management level, in a listed, multi-national organisation;
- You have current, relevant experience in a financial services company,;
- You have current, relevant experience in a corporate communications department;
- You have current, relevant change management, internal communications, reputation and perception management experience;
- You have current, relevant experience in new media platforms, relevant journalism and communication experience;
- You have current, relevant writing, editing and photography experience;
- You have excellent knowledge of publishing using various digital and traditional media platforms;
- You have strong knowledge of internal communication trends, including impact evaluation and measurement tools;
- You have strong computer literacy knowledge.
Exciting opportunity for an individual who has expert skills and is a consummate proffesional communications expert.