R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
BRAND NEW ROLE!
Our client was established in 1918 and has been a prominent part of the South African business landscape. They have always held a long-term view of how business adapts to the demands of the environment in which it operates and today, in a dynamic world, they see an evolving set of social, economic, political and environmental imperatives that require their skillful response.
They now seek a Senior Manager: Group External Communication: Group Brand to join their team. Please note the role reports to the CEO. It is a BRAND NEW role post re-organisation of the group.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop an external communications strategy aligned to the group communications strategy;
- You will be required to develop and maintain appropriate external communications policiesand procedures to ensure consistency and alignment of external communications across the group;
- You will be required to develop and implement an action plan as per the external communications strategy;
- You will be required to close working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- You will be required to monitor and evaluate the impact of the external communications strategy on company’s reputation;
- You will be responsible for media monitoring and analysis;
- You will be required to develop and implement media and relevant stakeholder relations strategies, including management of external communications projects such as the company financial journalism awards and the summer school for financial journalists;
- You will be required to effectively manage media liaison;
- You will be required to execute the crisis communications and reputation management strategies,as required;
- You will be responsible for knowledge management, including documenting case studies and best practice as well as alignment of external communications across the group;
- You will be responsible for writing (media releases, speeches, etc.) and editing;
- You will be required to manage external communications budget;
- You will be responsible for team leadership;
- You will be required to manage the external communications team, resources and service providers;
- You will be responsible for timely submission of management reports.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Youhave the ability to build partnerships;
- You havegood analytical thinking skills;
- You have strategic decision-making skills;
- You havesuperb presentation skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You are proficient in English and in other languages i.e. French / Portuguese / Afrikaans;this would be a distinct advantage;
- Youhave the ability to influence / gain commitment;
- You are results driven;
- You havestrong planning and organising skills;
- You havea high stress tolerance;
- You havehoned innovative thinking skills;
- You have the ability to work independently;
- You are able to network.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com or B. Bus Science (communications/journalism+ PR);
- You havea minimum 10 years’ current, relevant experience in external communication of which 5 years should be on a senior management level, preferably in a Multi-National organisation;
- You havea minimum 3 years’ current, relevant journalism, marketing / corporate communications or writing experience;
- You have current, relevant experience working in a corporate communication, public / corporate affairs and / or stakeholder relations environment;
- You have an existing network with the South African media, government and other stakeholders;
- You have current, relevant experience in reputation and / or perception management;
- You have an understanding of sustainability and corporate social responsibility issues and how they might be leveraged to the benefit of the company’s brand and reputation;this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience in crisis communication;
- You have proven managerial skills;
- You have current, relevant experience in drafting a strategy for external communication environment;
- You have current, relevant writing, editingand photography experience;
- You have current, relevant journalism / media, corporate communications and public relations experience;
- You have strong knowledge of and relationships with the media industry in South Africa, especially financial media;
- You have strong knowledge of and previous work with the media in the rest of Africa and internationally; thiswould be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong media monitoring and measurement systems knowledge;
- You have basic knowledge of financial and economic concepts;
- You have social media management knowledge;
- You have publishing suites (WordPress, etc.) – intermediate to advanced knowledge;
- You have strong knowledge of internal communication;
- Youare proficient in the MS Office suite.
Wonderful opportunity for a highly competent, astute and determined individual who strives to excel in all that they do. Rewards on performance are significant.