R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was established in 2004 and has an enviable 10-year investment track record. The company is a specialist equity asset manager, with proven expertise in managing South African and global funds.
They now seek a Business Development Manager to join their award winning, niche investment team. You have larger investment company experience on the client acquisition / selling side. You are very comfortable to get out and engage with potential clients – especially the IFA market. You are not someone who wants to sit at a desk all the time.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will grow assets from existing clients and identifying new business opportunities;
- You will conduct client visits including presentations to groups of clients and broker networks sometimes accompanied by a fund manager;
- You will prepare regular communication to clients including positioning of the fund range, new business pitches, report backs and explanation of performance;
- You will communicate with and manage key accounts;
- You will pro-actively analyse and understand clients’ businesses;
- You will keep abreast of industry and competitor trends;
- You will be required to manage and develop relationships with top IFA’s and their support staff;
- You will maintain and constantly update client databases.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are self-motivated and action oriented; and professional and very well groomed;
- You have a friendly and diplomatic nature, possessing sufficient maturity to speak confidently and with clients, many of whom may be senior executives;
- You have the highest standards of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality – this is essential;
- You are able to cope with shifting priorities and need to ensure conformity with processes;
- You are energetic, flexible, organised and self-disciplined and who enjoys working in a team;
- You have a passion for people, able to use their initiative and be willing to go the extra mile;
- You are able to work under stress, while retaining composure and focus.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com and a CFP; – you must enjoy working with IFA’s and in the retail investment business development side;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years current, relevant industry experience; and a strong track record of success;
- You are proficient in the MS Office suite.
Your strong business development skills will be well rewarded in this top-flight company!