R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards making a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek a Credit Analyst to join their team. Report to the head of credit – who is legendary as knowledgeable and a great manager.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the credit analysis process across counterparties and industries;
- You will be responsible for investment team, with a predominant focus being the listed credit team;
- You will be responsible for listed credit committee;
- You will be responsible for borrowers/investee companies;
- You will be responsible for clients invested in funds;
- You will be responsible for portfolio managers and dealing desk;
- You will be responsible for making investment recommendations under the supervision of members of the Investmentteam in respect of listed corporate bonds;
- You will be required to perform detailed investment analysis (including financial, operational, management, competitive, industry, governance, environment and social factors) and legal review of new and existing bond issuers;
- You will be responsible for global and local research and analysis;
- You will be responsible for industry specific research and analysis.
- You will be required to participate in ad hoc projects (related to listed bonds, process improvements, ASISA initiatives etc.);
- You will be responsible for analysis of legal documentation and review of key terms and conditions for appropriateness;
- You will be responsible for assisting with the pricing of listed bond instruments;
- You will be responsible for performing auction analysis to inform the broader investment decision making process;
- You will be responsible for the further development of, and subsequent maintenance of, the relative value analysis listed credit pricing tool;
- You will be responsible for regular contact with counterparty management; rating agencies; deal originators; legal advisors; internal portfolio managers; ASISA; the JSE and other stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for deal origination;
- You will be responsible for sourcing transactions via reverse enquiry;
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining counterparty and arranger relationships;
- You will be responsible for analysis of appropriateness of deal structures and pricing;
- You will be responsible for review of existing transactions to assess and recommend if we should continue to hold the investment, buy more or sell;
- You will be responsible for maintenance of all investment related data;
- You will be responsible for participation in valuation methods and processes.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong commercial focus with a passion for investments;
- You have analytical thinking skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have decision-making and judgement skills;
- You are able to display drive, purpose and initiative;
- You have collaboration and teamwork skills;
- You are assertive;
- You are articulate and confident;
- You have networking skills;
- You have excellent planning & organisation skills;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have excellent presentation skills;
- You have integrity;
- You have learning agility (curiosity and willingness to learn);
- You are adaptable.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA (SA) with clients at audit in financial services and / or CFA candidate or similar is would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant asset management orinvestment banking experience in deal implementation, monitoring and instrument valuations- this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience with financial instruments and inthe investment markets;
- You have strong computer literacy especially MS Excel.
Prior candidate has moved to Gauteng after an excellent career and exposure. You will be happy and challenged in this role. The team are smart, fun, clever and happy. Your exposure is to interesting credit opportunities. You will have a focus on CSI when looking at the deals – so a company that is successful and has a soul!