R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- BRAND NEW ROLE
Our client is a are a leading financial services firm, actively transforming the financial services landscape and best positioned for the changes reshaping the global economy.
They now seek an Analyst to join their team. You have experience in hedge fund administration or working for a hedge fund of fund manager. You are technically astute and you are able to model and update complex data. You are hardworking and enjoy the detail but can also add value to the investment team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for maintenance and updating of database;
- You will be responsible for data collection from investment managers;
- You will be responsible for rebalancing to meet cash flows, in or out;
- You will be responsible for all fund related administration (fact sheets, reports, fees, cash balances).
- Quarterly for investment meeting:
- You will be responsible for preparation of hedge fund of fund report as per spec.
- You will be responsible for comparison of portfolios relative to peers (scatters over various time periods);
- You will be responsible for performance analysis of underlying managers per strategy;
- You will be responsible for performance analysis of underlying managers relative to the strategy peer group;
- You will be responsible for gross and net exposures for all managers;
- You will be responsible for gross and net exposure at a fund of fund level;
- You will be responsible for betas for all managers;
- You will be responsible for betas at a fund of fund level;
- You will be responsible for identification of possible new managers to include in the profile of managers utilised;
- Ongoing monitoring:
- You will be responsible for identification of underperforming managers;
- You will be responsible for mandate breaches;
- You will be responsible for manager meetings at least twice a year;
- You will be responsible for compilation of manager notes.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- You are eager to learn and gain wide exposure to the investment industry;
- You are a hard worker, bright, astute and friendly;
- You are well organised and superb at meeting deadlines, despite distractions;
- You have the ability to clearly express your thoughts, opinions and sell your ideas.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com (finance), B.Bus Sc. and /or studying towards the CFA designation; the latter would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience in the hedge fund industry performing high level administration work or working as an analyst at a fund of fund;
- You have strong knowledge of Excel and database skills;
A great opportunity to be a part of a smart and innovative team, who have a range of expertly constructed multi-manager product solutions to cater for the varying needs of South African and global retirement funds.