R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards making a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek a Business Development Executive: New Business to join their team.
There are currently three team members in the team i.e. one sales person and two client relationship managers.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates, only.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop and implement the business development distribution strategy with the business development team;
- You will be required to represent and enhance confidence in the company brand through building strong client, stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM;
- You will be responsible for mobilising the teams across the business to meet client needs; influencing product development, identifying, converting client and market needs into business opportunities for the organization.
- Formulate and implement a new business development strategy that includes:
- You will be responsible for developing a strategic plan for sales which aligns with business growth objectives;
- You will be responsible for the development of effective solutions and consultative sales process to ensure clients’ needs are accurately met;
- You will be responsible for market analysis, evaluation and identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes;
- You will be responsible for the competitor analysis and organisation positioning.
- Actively execute an effective sales strategy:
- You will be required to facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline;
- You will be required to identify and develop strategic partnerships to leverage new opportunities;
- You will be required to identify new markets for future opportunities;
- You will be responsible for the management of key stakeholder relationships;
- You will be required to mobilise the relevant teams in the organisation to achieve net client cash flow (NCCF) targets;
- You will be responsible for fee negotiations with consultants and clients; ensuring commerciality of the company business;
- You will be required to ensure the client relationship management (CRM) system is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Relationship management:
- You will be responsible for the relationship marketing, client engagement and brand building;
- You will be required to give direction regarding tactical event strategies, hosting events and networking to grow new business;
- You will be required to promote the company brand and image by networking with key industry stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for working closely with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business activities.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to work collaboratively;
- You have strategic thinking and planning skills;
- You have high tolerance for ambiguity;
- You have analytical thinking skills;
- You have the ability to decide and initiate action;
- You are able to foster collaboration and teamwork;
- You have the ability to gain commitment (persuading, negotiating and mobilising others);
- You build and maintain relationships;
- You value diversity and difference;
- You have innovative thinking skills;
- You are client centric;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have effective presentation skills;
- You demonstrate ethics and integrity;
- You display drive and purpose;
- You have a high stress tolerance;
- You are resilient and adaptable;
- You are able to work across teams;
- You have superb planning and organising skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com, CFA; the latter would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum 10 years current, relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably asset management;
- You have extensive sales and distribution experience in financial services (experience in an asset management environment is preferable);
- You have a strong understanding of or current, relevant experience in the environment of financial planning, investment consulting, employee benefits consulting and multi-management;
- You have a strong understanding of and current, relevant experience in unlisted and alternative assets such as private equity; corporate credit; direct property and renewable assets;
- You have current, relevant experience in client relationship management; marketing and client services.
Great opportunity to be part of a global financial services company, who are successful and respected for their innovative financial services products as well as their ability to attract and retain outstanding staff!