R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards making a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek a Business Development Executive: Existing Clients to join their team. This is a brand new role!
There are currently three team members in the team i.e. one sales person and two client relationship managers.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop and implement the business development distribution strategy with a focus on existing clients;
- You will be required to represent and enhance confidence in the company brand through building strong client and stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM;
- You will be responsible for mobilising teams across the business to meet client needs; influencing product development, identifying and converting client and market needs into business opportunities for the organization.
- Formulate and implement strategies for a portfolio of existing clients that includes:
- You will be responsible for developing strategic plans to retain and grow a portfolio of existing institutional clients;
- You will be responsible for regular investment report backs and presentations to Boards of Trustees and Investment Committees of Funds.
- You will be required to demonstrate an understanding of client journey, industry, environment, investment complexity and strategy to identify mutually beneficial solutions for clients and the company;
- You will be responsible for a proactive approach to the development of effective solutions and consultative sales processes to ensure that clients’ needs are accurately met;
- You will be responsible for the evaluation and identifying of growth opportunities as a result of changes in client investment strategies;
- You will be responsible for market analysis, evaluation and identifying growth opportunities as a result of changes in the markets;
- You will be responsible for competitor analysis and organisation (the company) positioning;
- You will be responsible for management of key stakeholder relationships;
- You will be required to mobilise the relevant teams in the organisation to achieve Net Client Cash Flow (NCCF) targets;
- You will be responsible for fee negotiations with consultants and clients and ensuring commerciality of the company business;
- You will be required to facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline from existing clients.
- Manage and oversee a client retention and growth strategy:
- You will be required to manage business at risk by facilitating plans and activities to retain and convert business to build loyalty;
- You will be required to investigate and understand client challenges and articulate courses of action to a variety of stakeholders across different functional areas to solve and assist with;
- You will be required to develop a client centric communication plan, providing regular client feedback.
- You will be required to facilitate problem solution across organisational boundaries;
- You will be required to deal with client queries or complaints and resolves issues to completion;
- You will be responsible for monitoring consultant and client satisfaction with existing clients to ensure service delivery and client retention;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage.
- Relationship management:
- You will be responsible for relationship marketing, client engagement and brand building;
- You will be required to develop tactical strategies to grow strong and enduring relationships with existing clients;
- You will be required to use educational opportunities optimally in order to strengthen relationships with clients;
- You will be required to give direction regarding client event strategies, hosting events, and networking to grow new business from existing clients;
- You will be required to promote the company brand and image by networking with key industry stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for working closely with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business activities.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to work collaboratively;
- You have strategic thinking and planning skills;
- You have tolerance for ambiguity;
- You have analytical thinking skills;
- You have the ability to decide and initiate action;
- You have the ability to foster collaboration and teamwork;
- You have the ability to gain commitment (persuading, negotiating and mobilising others);
- You have the ability to build and maintain relationships;
- You have the ability to value diversity and difference;
- You have innovative thinking skills;
- You are client centric;
- You have the ability to communicate effectively;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have effective presentation skills;
- You have the ability to demonstrate ethics and integrity;
- You have the ability to display drive and purpose;
- You have a high stress tolerance;
- You have resilience and adaptability;
- You are able to work across teams;
- You have strong planning and organising skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com, CFA; the latter would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum 10 years current, relevant experience in the investments industry, preferably asset management;
- You have extensive sales and distribution experience in financial services (experience in an asset management environment is preferable);
- You have a strong understanding of or current, relevant experience in the environment of financial planning, investment consulting, employee benefits consulting and multi-management;
- You have a strong understanding of and current, relevant experience in unlisted and alternative assets such as private equity; corporate credit; direct property and renewable assets;
- You have current, relevant experience in client relationship management; marketing and client services.
An excellent opportunity to be rewarded for your drive, hard work and passion!