R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards making a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek an Investment Analyst: High – Yield Credit Sector to join their team. You will report to the head of credit and the CIO.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for deal origination, including developing and maintaining counterparty, bank syndication team and advisor relationships, deal analysis and the assessment of investment opportunities. You will also be required to negotiate, and structure debt and equity deals with a focus on unlisted and high – yield opportunities.
- You will be responsible for the investment team;
- You will be responsible for credit and equity investment committee;
- You will be responsible for counterparties, advisors, bank syndication teams and arrangers;
- You will be responsible for clients invested in funds;
- You will be responsible for portfolio managers;
- You will be responsible for historical financial statement analysis;
- You will be responsible for preparing and/or reviewing complex financial models;
- You will be responsible for historic and forecasted financial ratio analysis as well as scenario testing analysis;
- You will be responsible for counterparty management, business model and industry assessment;
- You will be responsible for any other counterparty analysis (governance, environmental, social, competitive, management etc.);
- You will be responsible for preparation of reports and presentation of deals to the appropriate credit or investment committee;
- You will be responsible for negotiation and legal review of documentation relating to new and existing deals;
- Credit and equity research on existing and new counterparties and the sector:
- You will be responsible for global and local research and analysis;
- You will be responsible for industry specific research and analysis;
- You will be responsible for development and implementation of credit and equity risk and valuation and pricing models;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and maintenance of existing deal counterparties (covenant compliance, updated AFS review, ad-hoc requests, etc.);
- Deal origination:
- You will be responsible for sourcing appropriate transactions for the various company managed funds;
- You will be responsible for Structuring and negotiating transactions which suit both company funds and the counterparty’s requirements;
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining client and counterparty relationships in order to develop a pipeline of new deals in the unlisted and high-yield credit sector;
- You will be responsible for analysis of appropriateness of deals, including analysis of the pricing of deals;
- You will be responsible for negotiation and structuring of transactions, including negotiation of legal agreements;
- You will be responsible for implementation and execution of new deals and ongoing review of existing transactions, taking or recommending action where appropriate;
- You will be responsible for maintenance of all investment related data;
- You will be responsible for participation in valuation methods and processes.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong commercial focus with a passion for investments;
- You have analytical thinking skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have judgement skills;
- You are able to show initiative;
- You are assertive, articulate and confident;
- You have collaboration and teamwork skills;
- You have negotiation skills;
- You have networking skills;
- You have excellent planning & organisation skills;
- You are self-motivated and self-driven;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong presentation skills;
- You have integrity;
- You are adaptable.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services, ideally;
- You have a CFA or are a CFA candidate
- You have minimum 3 years current, relevant experience in corporate/structured credit or equity analysis; this is essential;
- You have current, relevant experience in unlisted and high-yield credit transactions – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have exposure to commercial law / contracts;
- You have project finance analysis, modeling and risk assessment skills;
- You have strong knowledge of financial instruments and financial markets would be a distinct advantage;
- You have computer literacy (MS Office, especially MS Excel) skills.
WONDERFUL team. Great exposure to deal making and a range of exiting opportunities. This team always have a CSI focus too. So you work for a feel good business, too. Flat structure. Great exposure. Rarely do people leave here!