R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a Client Relationship Manager – Segregated to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the accurate reporting and administration of an allocated set of client investment portfolios;
- You will be required to be passionate about client services and capable of delivering effectively to the needs of the company’s large institutional clients;
- You will be responsible for the allocation of client portfolios and servicing these clients to the best of your ability;
- You will be responsible for the investigation, resolution of all client queries and requests;
- You will be responsible for monitoring the company’s outsourced administration relationships pertaining to all tasks and ensuring that any issues identified are resolved timeously;
- You will be responsible for the validation, preparation of all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting pertaining to your set of clients;
- You will be required to monitor the cash, scrip, system reconciliations, the follow up and resolution of all identified reconciliation items;
- You will be required to maintain relationships with local, offshore custodians as well as the company’s administrators, consultants, ensuring all queries and requests are being dealt with;
- You will be required to maintain good internal relationships between all the various departments;
- You will be responsible for the compliance validation and reporting (inclusive of regulatory certificates) for your allocated group of funds;
- You will be required to validate, report on management, performance fee calculations and invoicing;
- You will be required to monitor the pricing of the different local, off shore portfolios and products;
- You will be responsible for the processing and reconciliation of all trade related tasks pertaining to your allocated client portfolios;
- You will be required to validate, report on the retirement fund tax, income tax and capital gains tax requirements;
- You will be required to maintain and up-to-date information of your allocated group of funds on internal client databases;
- You will be required to validate and report on various ranges of performance numbers – from portfolio to product specific requirements;
- You will be required to update, monitor and reconcile the scrip lending positions;
- You will be required to validate, report on various audit and regulatory requirements;
- You will be responsible for validation and reporting on the SARB requirements;
- You will be responsible for the daily client cash flow management inclusive of the physical instruction of these via electronic or faxed instructions;
- You will be required to monitor, validate, the end-to-end process of all client investments, disinvestments and asset transfer;
- You will be required to be fully assigned in a back-up capacity for a smaller sub team of four to perform all the above tasks and duties, in the event of a team member being out of the office.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent corporate communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have excellent relationship skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You pay great attention to detail while meeting tight deadlines – accuracy is VERY IMPORTANT in this role;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines in a very pressurized environment;
- You have strong client servicing skills with emphasis being on communication and interaction skills;
- You are committed, hard-working and prepared to go the extra mile;
- You are able to work and interact well within a team environment;
- You are self-confident, able to be assertive and direct when required;
- You are able to work independently, with minimal hand-holding;
- You have a positive attitude and be able to accept an ever changing environment;
- You have the end goal in mind and being able to follow procedures;
- You have strong client servicing skills;
- You have the ability to perform in a high pressurised environment.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com (accounts and investment management);
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant client relationship management experience in an asset management environment, a passion for finance, an unwavering desire to ensure customers’ requests are dealt with timeously, accuratel, and excited to be part of a dynamic team;
- You have strong MS Office knowledge;
- You have strong knowledge of Invest One / Bloomberg, this would be a distinct advantage.
This is a great opportunity for a professional, hardworking individual, who is keen to join a global best practice investment company and work ‘for’ a team of professionals who pride themselves on their sustained stellar work ethic.