BRAND NEW ROLE! Exciting Challenge.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an investment manager. Through its capital market activities, they deliver above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek a Property Finance Debt Originator to join their team. You will report to the head of the team – who is happy, smiling and busy and is fair and a great leader. You will be challenged every day and in an exciting way.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for origination, analysis, modelling and documentation of property finance transactions;
- You are responsible for origination and implementation of property finance transactions;
- You are responsible for structuring of complex and comprehensive financial solutions for the property sector;
- You are responsible for investment analysis for new transactions and preparation of all documentation related to internal approvals sought from credit and investment committees submissions;
- You are required to review and negotiation of legal documents for approved transactions;
- You are responsible for engaging with various departments (including tax, legal, finance) as required, for implementation of approved transactions;
- You are responsible for monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of structured property finance transactions;
- You are required to assist in the primary origination function in other sectors within the company’s debt origination (including project finance, leveraged finance, proprietary investments, etc.).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-starter;
- You are professional;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have strong presentations skills;
- You have strong technical and analytical skills;
- You are resilient and have an entrepreneurial attitude;
- You have strong planning & organizational skills;
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English;
- You are a team player;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure;
- You are responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- You are articulate and confident;
- You have a strong commercial focus.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a CA (SA) with a minimum of three years relevant, post articles experience; ideally clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a CFA would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant corporate or structured finance credit experience at a rating agency, SA bank or asset manager ;
- You have an understanding of credit and fixed income markets;
- You have an understanding of the SA commercial property market – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have working knowledge of investments and fixed income instruments;
- You have advanced Excel skills (including the ability to set up models).
You are able to hit the ground running wrt this role based on your prior experience. The upside is that you will enjoy a great team to work with; smart colleagues; loads of interesting and exciting work and superb rewards on performance!