R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom. Work with the top team in the EM business.
They now seek an Analyst: Investigative Research / Corporate Governance to join their team. This is a BRAND new role. For diversity the team would really like to hire a female candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to love research and identifying key information;
- You will be required to specialise in investigative research work and corporate governance;
- You will be required to be part of the company’s global emerging markets and global developed markets team of 17 analysts / portfolio managers and work within this team;
- You will be responsible for investigating and researching backgrounds of the board of directors and management and their past actions;
- You will be responsible for investigating and researching backgrounds on management and their past actions;
- You will be responsible for assessing whether incentives and remuneration of executives are acceptable;
- You will be required to work closely with the team of analysts;
- You will be responsible for the stock and corporate governance conclusions;
- You will be required to investigate research that entails detailed accounting;
- You will be required to investigate tax related work.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are smart, confident and have the intuition to know which avenues to pursue and research thoroughly;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have general confidence;
- You are persistent;
- You have an enquiring mind.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a recently qualified CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services and superb academic results; or B. Bus Sc with superb academic results and CFA level 11;
- You have 3 year’s post articles experience; as an investment analyst;
- You are a rrecently qualified Corporate Lawyer- B.Bus Sc+ Llb and great results;
- You have a CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a background in investigative journalism would be a distinct advantage coupled with superb academic results’;
- You have current, relevant forensic experience -= this is a nice to have but not essential.
In light of recent tragic events in corporate SA; this client would like you to split your time between traditional investment research of Emerging markets and this new role of researching company boards. You must be smart, academically astute; confident but not brash and able to add value from day one. Demanding team with exacting standards but rewards on performance are significant!