R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek an Investment Analyst (Global Frontier Markets) to join their team. You will be responsible for analysing and conducting research on global frontier market companies to support the investment manager. The Frontiers team of four individuals is Cape Town based.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to travel as part of the role to interesting and exciting destinations;
- You will be responsible for full research, including company and sector analysis of companies within frontier markets;
- You will be responsible for detailed research including the building of financial models and valuations of companies;
- You will be responsible for presentation of recommendations to the investment team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a confident self-starter with strong conviction;
- You are motivated by performance based rewards;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are able to think differently about business and investments.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Bus Sc (finance stream), CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services / CFA and/ MBA; with good academic results;
- You have current, relevant experience as an analyst within asset management industry or corporate finance/private equity environment;
- You have a passion for investments and the stock market;
- You have strong knowledge of Excel and Bloomberg’s.
This company rarely has roles as everyone stays with them given their reputation, so this is a rare, exiting and career enhancing opportunity.