R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS-
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies.
They now seek a Financial Writer to join their team. You will report to the Communications Manager. This is an important and relevant role. We need a smart, capable, skilled financial journalist. You will form part of the marketing team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work closely and collaboratively with the marketing manager, media relations officer and HOM in the creation of the company’s communications;
- You will be required to be an active and participative member of the marketing team;
- You will be responsible for content generation, editing and copywriting as and when required including:
- You will be responsible for client communications for both the Institutional and Personal Investments business units;
- You will be responsible for client letters for the above business units including those generated and required by the client servicing area;
- You will be responsible for copywriting of invitations including client presentations, conferences and staff events;
- You will be responsible for proofreading and editing monthly and quarterly client communications;
- You will be responsible for the creation and editing of brochureware as required and briefed by the respective business units;
- You will be responsible for participation in the development of an annual communications strategy and quarterly plan to guide the company’s positioning, and to ensure that the business has a leading share of voice within its target markets across all editorial channels (television, print, online and radio);
- You will be required to collaborate to identify newsworthy content and writing/editing of the copy for submission to the media;
- You will be required to assist with monitoring media across all channels, and the creation of internal media reports;
- You will be responsible for actively scanning the competitor landscape;
- You will be required to assist in the production of the integrated annual report;
- You will be responsible for the creation of the abridged annual report for the unit trusts business;
- You will be responsible for internal communications: you will be required to actively manage the intranet website. This is a busy and focused role at a global best practice investment company. You will work in small team of specialists who work hard and smart.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a team player who can participate in activities beyond your primary role;
- You are skilled at business editing;
- You have strong project management skills;
- You have the ability to generate content across multiple channels;
- You have the ability to grasp concepts and when required generate them quickly;
- You have a creative capability to identify and write newsworthy stories;
- You have proofreading skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have an understanding and passion for the fund management business;
- You have proven ability to edit and enhance copy;
- You have proven copywriting skills;
- You have proven ability to conduct research and to generate content and creative concepts;
- You have financial services writing skills;
- You have a passion for writing;
- You have strong drive and energy coupled with the ability to think on your feet;
- You have an admirable professional work ethic – you are personally motivated and are a team player;
- You are a self-starter able to develop own processes and plans to ensure that communication requirements are delivered on time and in the correct company tone;
- You are flexible and willing to learn and to adapt the company tone of voice, in terms of written content.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have minimum 5 years’ current, relevant work experience in writing role in financial services either at a competitor or a financial services publication;
- You have strong product knowledge is not fundamental but an understanding of asset management and the broader financial services industry; You have a B.Bus Sc( marketing) or a Journalism degree from a respected institution.
This is a world class business. Your input is critical and will be rewarded. Join a winning team and be the expert in your field while working closely with other areas of the marketing mix. Progressive business culture. .