R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS TO ATTRACT A SEASONED PROFFESIONAL!
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies.
They now seek a Communications Manager to join their team. You will report to the Head of Marketing ( HOM). This is a replacement role – the prior incumbent has been offered another role in a different industry. She leaves big shoes and a happy seat.
This is a role that requires very specific skills and the ability to work in a world class best practice environment. They are looking at new outsource projects and tenders so this person has to have industry credibility, too.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work with the HOM; Marketing Manager; Media Liaison Officer; Marketing coordinator; Digital Marketing Manager and the UX and Digital Specialist;
- You will be required to provide marketing support to: Institutional business; Personal Investments; Corporate (CEO); Operations; Human Resources and any other business units, when required;
- You will be responsible for creating content across channels such as our quarterly publication, app and website, including ad hoc writing and editing requests from the business;
- You will be required to have the ability to conceptualize new ideas as well as to vet the work of others – this is critical
- o You will be required to develop solid relationships with media partners through maintaining ongoing contact to achieve positive coverage for the business; there is a tender project potentially for PR and Comms so this is a very important time for this business and this will be key in the new person’s portfolio to manage. While you report to HOM – you are a skilled specialist in your own right.
- o You will be required to keep abreast of trends in the media and to keep the business up to date with regular updates;
- Strategy and planning:
- o You will be responsible for the Comms strategy – to implement and create all content in relation to the business communication strategy; ensuring that all communications are aligned to the broader business strategy;
- o You will be responsible for content planning – to develop annual content plans for all campaigns and executions which contribute to broader campaign planning;
- Content development:
- o You will be responsible for sponsorship – to write and edit all content for the company’s internal and external newsletter and all company events. This would include articles, invitations and post event content for all channels;
- o You will be responsible for sens, fact sheets, commentaries – to update all company reports on performance, on a regular basis;
- o You will be responsible for client communications – to develop content for all client communications, forms and documentation;
- o You will write content for the quarterly publication through an informed opinion, which will require a passionate interest in financial services, global economics and investing and therefore relevant experience in this industry;
- o You will be responsible for general content development – will be required for the website, CSI activities and “the app”.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have superior writing and editing ability;
- You are passionate about the FS industry and investments in general; You have the ability to track trends across media channels (social media + traditional);
- You have a strong creative flair;
- You have honed conceptual skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B Com or B. Bus Science ( communications/journalism+ PR)
- You have a minimum 5 years’ current, relevant experience in writing and communications in a financial services company and or an agency that services this industry;
- You have current, relevant financial services experience would be a distinct advantage and in investments in particular;
- You are an experienced Communications Manager and not someone who has communications as a part of their profile or has some experience in this – you must have 5 years at the top of your game;
- You have proven strength in writing and business editing with the ability to work across all marketing channel and a keen interest in writing for digital channels;
- You have astute proof reading skills.
You are a seasoned communications proffesional, with an stellar track record and relevant FS industry experience. It’s a big role but a small team – you must enjoy the camaraderie of a smart marketing business and a flat structure. You will have limitless exposure to the key decision makers and an open brief but must be able to demonstrate from day one you are up to the challenge. Happy, smiling and busy work space where you are rewarded for your performance!