R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- TO ATTRACT A SENIOR AND QUALIFIED PERSON WHO IS NOT IN THE MARKET BUT WOULD BE VERY KEEN TO JOIN THIS HOUSE!
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a SNR. Product Development Analyst to join their team. You will report to the director institutional business development.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be involved in ensuring that the company’s investment product range is continually appropriate, competitive and relevant;
- You will be responsible for tracking material fee trends – across mandates and different investor groups, SA and globally;
- You will be responsible for maintenance of all products offered by the company at present – in South Africa and globally and to both institutional and retail investors;
- You will be responsible for keeping pace of needed changes in mandates (if any);
- You will be responsible for ensuring correct structure of products for the investors in South Africa;
- You will be responsible for the investigation and research into other product opportunities in the SA and global markets;
- You will be responsible for research around product structures for distribution to different investors across multiple jurisdictions;
- You will be required to work with the global head of institutional business to ensure that the company’s product range remains competitive and current;
- You will be required to develop and design appropriate performance fee structures;
- You will be required to adjust existing products for new geographical markets.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a logical thinker;
- You are highly numerate;
- You have an understanding of how the investment product universe works and are an expert here ;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You have a honed working understanding of how financial products work.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B.Bus Sc/Actuarial studies/CFA or part;
- You have current, relevant product development experience from asset management or life insurance;
- You have current, relevant experience that facilitates a strong understanding of the South African savings industry;
- You have exposure to product fees including performance fees;
- You have minimum 8 years current, relevant working experience and an unblemished track record;
- You have strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
New role – significant exposure – very important to the business. Hit the ground running. Great brand so easy to work with – but need an expert product person with specialist skills!