R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies.
They now seek a Performance Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Head of Investment Risk and Performance.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to support the investment and business development teams with accurate performance, risk and attribution calculations;
- You will be responsible for full involvement in the performance cycle;
- You will be responsible for the daily and monthly performance procedure;
- You will be required to continuously evaluate and enhance performance function;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc quantitative and risk-return queries;
- You will be responsible for ex-post risk analysis;
- You will be responsible for compiling and evaluating performance data for business pitches.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a team player;
- You are willing to learn;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You take pride in your work and are accurate;
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritise;
- You are deadline orientated.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B. Bus. Sc (actuarial, quantitative management), B. Sc (maths, statistics);
- You have financial mathematics or statistical orientation;
- You have a minimum 2 – 3 years’ current, relevant experience in a performance role within an asset management environment;
- You have an understanding of operational work-flow, performance, attribution methodologies and portfolio risk statistics;
- You have an excellent understanding of investment strategies, financial instruments and markets;
- You have strong systems knowledge and skills required;
- You have Excel, Statpro (performance and attribution, interactive), Morningstar Direct, INet and SQL server knowledge and skills.
An excellent opportunity to be rewarded for your drive, hard work and passion! This is a top company to work for in SA and a global investment manager with truly world class standards!