R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
PACKAGE TO ENTICE AND ATTRACT!
Our client aims to optimise the Shareholder Investment Portfolio’s after tax returns over the long term and within the constraints of the group’s risk appetite.
The Shareholder Investment Portfolio (“SIP”) consists of:
- Assets backing the life company’s IFRS net asset value.
- Exposure to the investment performance of policies where shareholder’s share in this performance (“90/10 business”).
They perform the following functions in managing the investment performance of the SIP:
- Appropriate portfolio construction and fund allocation to underlying specialist asset managers.
- Ongoing performance evaluation to ensure quality investment performance.
- Reviewing strategic asset allocation and investment strategy within the context of a dynamic life company balance sheet and a stated group risk appetite.
It is a skilled team with strong experience in portfolio construction, investment strategy and asset management. Individuals are typically CFA Charterholders or Actuaries.
They now seek a Quantitative Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Head of Quantitative Solutions. You are an experienced quantitative professional; bank or LIFECO experience, essential.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide technical quantitative support, primarily to the asset/liability management function but increasingly to the wider company business;
- You will be required to work with passive active management business; balance sheet structuring; new product structuring; credit origination and shareholder portfolio management;
- You will be required to analyse and investigate asset and liability pricing models and risk metrics;
- You will be responsible for pricing of new structured retail products and corporate trades;
- You will be required to use modern financial mathematics in the development and implementation of stochastic financial models, primarily in the fixed income and equity spaces;
- You will be required to work with fast-paced trading and market-focussed teams.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent learning and researching skills;
- You are meticulous;
- You are decisive;
- You are able to work with people;
- You are able to adapt and respond to change;
- You have complex problem solving skills;
- You have the ability to operate in a high-pressure environment;
- You have the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to a broad range of people.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B.Sc or B. Bus Sc (quantitative subjects as majors), CFA and / Masters (Maths/Stats);
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant experience in quantitative field;
- You have enthusiasm for financial markets and financial mathematics;
- You have strong knowledge of applying statistical techniques to financial modelling;
- You have current, relevant programming experience in C++/C# ; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have familiarity with risk-neutral pricing techniques; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong understanding of South African markets, particularly in fixed income and equity.
Great opportunity to join a select group of experts who are innovative and who are respected within the global business!