R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading quantitative investment management house, launched in 1998. The company’s core investment philosophy is capital preservation and the management of downside risk.
They now seek an Investment Compliance Officer to join their team. Report to the head of compliance and risk.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide the key investment compliance monitoring expertise to a niche compliance team supporting a diversified financial services offering including investment management, fund services, wealth management, life insurance and retirement fund solutions;
- You will be require to be responsible for the compliance with the requirements of FAIS, FICA, LTIA and CISCA;
- You will be responsible for monitoring the compliance, documenting findings and reporting findings to upper management;
- You will be responsible for all investment compliance monitoring which will require knowledge of:
- Collective Investment Schemes Act : Board Notice 90 of 2014, Board Notice 92 of 2014, Board Notice 257 of 2013 (foreign collective investment due diligence), Board Notice 52 of 2015 Hedge Funds), Risk Management Programs for unlisted securities and exchanges not part of the World Federation of Exchanges;
- Pension Fund Act: Regulation 28 (monitoring, issuing certificates & Schedule IBs);
- Medical Aid Schemes Act: Regulation 30 (monitoring and issuing certificates);
- Long Term Insurance Act: Regulation 2.2;
- UCITS preferred;
- o Segregated Mandate Compliance;
- o ASISA Standards and Guidelines;
- o Offshore fund exposure also preferred e.g. Namibia Regulation 28, Nami
- You will be responsible for the Regulation 28 analysis and reporting;
- You will be responsible for the review fact sheet and submit to the FSB;
- You will be responsible for assisting with ASISA and the FSB quarterly reporting;
- You will be responsible for investigating the breaches from the trustees;
- You will be responsible for the mandate changes and submission to ASISA quarterly FSB reporting;
- You will be responsible for the maintenance, management of monitoring and risk management plans for FAIS, FICA, LTIA and CISCA, as well as ensuring adequate training on legislative requirements is provided to staff members
- You will be responsible for liaising with regulators;
- You will be responsible for the compliance static data management;
- You will be responsible for the pre-and post-trade breach analysis on Decalog and breach resolution via liaison with portfolio managers;
- You will be required to take responsibility for own training and education on legislation.
bia Unit Trust Control Act;
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are highly organised and have good time management;
- You are able to work well in a team environment and keen to develop those around them;
- You are accurate;
- You have a keen interest to learn and develop in the role;
- You are a self-starter who is self-driven and self-directed;
- You have a strong work ethic;
- You have strong problem solving and creative skills;
- You have honesty and integrity.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum of a B Com;
- You have a certificate in compliance management, this is essential;
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ current, relevant experience in the investment compliance gained from an asset management / related environment and strong interest in continuing a career in investment compliance;
- You have a sound knowledge and exposure to the various applicable legislations including, but not limited to, CISCA, Reg 28, Long Term Insurance Act, UCITS, Medical Aid Schemes Act;
- You have exposure to relevant investment systems as well as Compliance software ie Statpro;
- You have strong Excel skills.
This is a brilliant opportunity to apply your skills and experience in support of a dynamic, highly competent investment Compliance team and grow your understanding of the asset management environment. This opportunity promises excellent exposure, growth, challenge and rewards.