R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS! BRAND NEW ROLE DUE TO GROWTH!
Our client, who started from humble beginnings as an investment manager and stockbroker has led them to become a multinational business spanning sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, and Asia. Over the years, they have evolved into a partnership of people and companies servicing a broad range of clients across a number of disciplines around the world. They have a long-standing loyal client base and a robust business structure to facilitate continued growth.
Their core client-centric philosophy, approach, and process combined with maintaining a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ensuring they continue to be competitive has resulted in substantial growth of the business and meeting their objective to be a world player. It has also enabled their clients and the industry to innovate and grow.
THIS IS A BRILLIANT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A LEADING DIVERSIFIED FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP AND PLAY A CRITICAL ROLE SUPPORTING AND ADVISING PRIMARILY THE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT AND FUND SERVICES TEAMS. THIS ROLE WILL SEE YOU GROW YOUR KNOWLEDGE RATING TO FINANCIAL REGULATION THAT IMPACTS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT AND HEDGE FUNDS SPECIFICALLY AND WILL HELP YOU GROW AS AN EXPERT IN THIS FIELD. YOU HAVE CURRENT, RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IN ISDA, GMRA AND GMSLA MASTER AGREEMENTS; THIS IS ESSENTIAL. Derivatives knowledge is essential. Other items can be taught but this is the critical component.
They now seek a Legal Advisor to join their team.
THIS IS A WONDERFUL HOUSE TO WORK FOR AND HOUSES SUPERB COLLEAGUES. A GREAT OPPORTUNITY; A MEATY AND CHALLENGING NEW ROLE!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide key legal advice and support primarily to the investment management and fund services divisions of a leading diversified financial services group;
- You will be responsible for drafting and reviewing of legal agreements applicable to the different business units, focussing on asset management and hedge funds;
- You will be required to have experience with interest rate swaps, forwards, options, ISDA, GMRA and GMSLA Master Agreements, return swaps, Private equity and Hedge Funds; THIS IS ESSENTIAL;
- You will be responsible for advising on the impact of legislation applicable to the business;
- You will be required to have a strong working knowledge and understanding of financial market legislation, including but not limited to FMA, CISCA, LTIA, EMIR, FAIS and regulatory matters pertaining to OTC Derivative Markets;
- You will be responsible for general legal advisor responsibilities;
- You will be responsible for drafting of legal opinions;
- You will be responsible for legal documentation management;
- You will be responsible for legal risk management reporting;
- You will be required to have the recourse to and assist Senior Legal Advisor in projects and other areas of the business.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving;
- You have an excellent work ethic, self-motivated, driven and results oriented;
- You have good technical knowledge and excellent drafting skills;
- You have structured work style and a keen eye for detail;
- You have the ability to interpret legislation and make recommendations;
- You are highly organised and have good time management.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a LLB;
- You are an Admitted Attorney;
- You have minimum 3 – 5 years current, relevant practical experience in an asset manager and/or investment banking environment
- You havestrong working knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and financial instruments;
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the various kinds of business units i.e. asset manager, administrator, linked life insurer, wealth business etc.
This is a great opportunity to set your career up with a continuously growing outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded for your effort!