R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
They now seek a Lead Business Analyst to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Processes, business and technical requirements:
- You will be required to analise, design, develop tests, implement business, technical requirement specifications, processes through well facilitated discussions and interviews with relevant stakeholders;
- You will be required to document existing business processes, develop and document new business processes;
- You will be required to continuously identify and implement incremental improvements to current processes, independent of larger project deliverables;
- You will be responsible for the transfer of “care, custody and control” of new processes, applications to the business owners, including user training and support;
- Project management and delivery:
- You will be required to effectively plan, manage individual projects, their inter-dependencies, any risks and any other issues that may arise, this will include timeline and milestone management;
- You will be required to compile test plans, test packs, drive the testing of newly developed or enhanced software and new releases of packaged software;
- You will be required to liaise with relevant stakeholder management to prioritize project deliverables;
- You will be required to support and drive the implementation of projects;
- Application support:
- You will be required to ensure operational stability of the applications by providing proactive and reactive first-line support;
- You will be required to provide first line support and root cause analysis of production issues for all the applications;
- Collaboration, interaction and stakeholder management:
- You will be responsible for the primary interface between finance, operations, developers and vendors for the development or implementation of business applications;
- You will be responsible for the effective stakeholder management – keep management, users and role players informed of progress through effective communication and management of expectations;
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end solution development, implementation and support.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are able to work competently as a leader and specialist; independently or as part of a team.
- You have the ability for maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in the work environment;
- You are a self-starter, quick learner, capable of setting priorities and remain efficient while multi-tasking;
- You are able to function well under pressure, meet tight deadlines and have the ability to work extended hours during periods of project implementation and month-end cycles;
- You have the tenacity and the ability “to get things done”;
- You take ownership – assume responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks;
- You are able to initiate action – taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and being proactive;
- You have the ability to make balanced, sound recommendations and decisions;
- You are able to interact with experienced technical specialists;
- You are able to gain commitment – using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans;
- You are able to influence – uses a variety of techniques and styles to gain other’s commitment / support;
- You are able to listen and understand other’s views.
- You are able to gain commitments and able to take action;
- You are a strong conceptual thinker, you must be able to differentiate between actions that would result in long-term benefits from those only providing short term benefits.
- You are able to create clarity in a highly complex environment and come up with creative and sustainable solutions, evidencing thinking skills;
- You have the ability to perceive, interpret, translate information in order to competently perform processes and tasks at various levels of complexity.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com / B Bus Sc (information systems, software development, systems/data analysis) with strong academic record;
- You have a minimum 5 – 9 years’ current, relevant work experience in a financial services environment as a Business Analyst;
- You have current relevant asset management experience and great plains, experience, this is essential;
- You have a proven track-record of successful delivery as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst and / or Subject Matter Expert in data integration, system implementation, application support or reporting projects;
- You have current, relevant experience in the use of business analysis frameworks and methodologies;
- You are familiar with agile software development practices;
- You have proven stakeholder management capabilities;
- You have a solid understanding of data modelling (metadata, content, taxonomy, navigation) and the ability to leverage same in user interfaces, reporting, etc.;
- You have current, relevant experience in SQL skills and database knowledge;
- You have current, relevant experience in Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence (Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services).
Great opportunity to join an employer of choice and to utilize your strong skills to achieve substantial results in this fast paced and professional environment. Rewards on performance are significant.