R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a Deputy CFO to join their team. You will work closely with the CFO and oversee the full financial function. The CFO will retire in 18 months. Hence the need for this role. Then will report to the board.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Operational financial management and reporting:
- You will be required to provide input into the planning and daily organization of financial activities, including business planning, policy setting and financial forecasting;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of an effective financial operating model and controls of the group, including sound balance sheet management and cost control;
- You will be required to oversee the financial operations of the group and the preparation of the financial statements;
- You will be responsible for overseeing the budgeting and capital processes. You will be required to oversee and review preparation of and reporting on budgets and holding departmental heads accountable to projected budgets;
- You will be responsible for cost control – ensuring required cost controls are implemented and adhered to across the group;
- You will be required to monitor cash flow, accounts and other financial transactions, including maintaining financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports;
- You will be required to interpret financial information and provide updates and information, as needed;
- You will be required to maintain, implement and monitor financial and accounting policies and procedures, including team ensuring compliance with respect to global financial practices and seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk;
- You will be required to implement high level of internal and external reporting standards, including statutory and regulatory reporting;
- You will be responsible for management of group tax affairs, including appropriate implementation of tax regulations and interaction with respective regulatory bodies.
- Governance, company secretarial and transformation:
- You will be required to ensure that an environment of appropriate corporate governance prevails across the company and understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on transformation initiatives and goals from an internal and external perspective, including driving enterprise development, supplier development and preferential procurement initiatives;
- You will be responsible for overseeing and assisting the company secretarial function and providing input, where required;
- You will be required to monitor all legislation and regulations relevant to the organization, including ensuring that the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation;
- You will be required to oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Stakeholder engagement:
- You will be required to ensure excellent and relevant communication is maintained with shareholders, analysts, regulators and board of directors;
- You will be required to create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and auditors.
- Talent management:
- You will be required to lead, direct and effectively manage the performance of the team (finance, company secretarial, transformation and remuneration).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You are able to build relationships: establish and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally to ensure organizational goals are achieved;
- You have leaderships skills: demonstrate sound leadership, including the ability to set deliverables, motivate and inspire team to achieve deliverables;
- You have the ability to behave ethically: act with the highest levels of integrity combined with commitment to good governance;
- You are able to foster teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and get involved in the details;
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to effectively handle high levels of pressure at times while maintaining critical decision making skills;
- You are meticulous and can demonstrate a hands-on approach;
- You have strong analytical ability;
- You are client centric: understand and respond to both internal and external client needs to exceed expectations.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services and good academic results. MBA/CFA part a distinct advantage.
- You have a minimum of 10 years current, relevant experience in senior financial management in financial services or asset management and knowledge of listed entities.
- You have a minimum 5 years’ current, relevant experience in leading a finance team; here there are 5 smart CA(SA)’s to lead;
- You have current, relevant experience in engaging with stakeholders including regulators, shareholders, investment community and board of directors;
- You are proficient in various accounting software programmes.+ MS office at an advance level.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious company; with great rewards on success! They are top of the pops with clients and have a happy, smiling and busy business culture.