WONDERFUL scope as the business has other business opportunities that you can work with and in and for – so growth and opportunity.
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice.
Our client has grown into a R96bn financial services firm with operations around the world. It has used its innovative rewards programme which incentivises healthy behaviour, to offer disruptive insurance and financial product offerings.
The group has the ability to raise funds for investments with ease. It has been investing in expanding its network globally, as well as its financial services offerings, including the establishment of a banking operation in SA.
They now seek a Head: Investment Research and Fund Management head a team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to manage a team of professionals;
- You will be required to train and coach subordinates;
- You will be required to create a qualitative and quantitative process to screen the unit trusts and create a preferred “buy list” of funds;
- You will be required to create and manage model portfolios as a discretionary fund manager (DFM);
- You will be required to conduct relevant competitor analysis;
- You will be required to identify potential white label asset management opportunities, both locally and abroad;
- You will be required to formulate investment mandates for third party managers;
- You will be required to provide market, economic and model portfolio commentary;
- You will be required to take ownership of the fund range and positioning in the market;
- You will be required to present on the funds and views on the markets to a variety of audiences;
- You will be required to establish innovative ways to promote the fund range.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a ability to lead and manage a team;
- You are assertive and professional;
- You are client centric;
- You have entrepreneurial skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong time management skills;
- You have the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA)/Actuarial qualification/Masters in Finance;
- You are a CFA;
- You have a CFP; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ current, relevant industry experience – this is essential; you not only have to hit the ground running but you want to own the process and lead and champion this new role;
- You have current, relevant experience within the financial services sector and in particular fund and multi-management;
- You will be required to manage a team of professionals, build a variety of investment and technical capabilities to support the investment specialists and end clients;- SIGNIFICANT ROLE!
Great opportunity to join an employer of choice and one of SA’s top companies to work for and to work in a role that previously didn’t exist and you are able to own! It’s an exciting opportunity!