R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company.
They now seek an Umbrella Funds – Business Analyst (Intermediate) to join their team.
This company is looking for a dynamic individual who will be the vital link between the Retail Umbrella Fund business’ objectives and their systems.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for translating the business needs for the company IT solutions, by supporting and ensuring the successful completion of analytical and testing tasks for software products;
- You will be required to gain a working understanding of the key business processes, people and IT systems;
- You will be required to gather, analyse and document requirements for the business problems;
- You will be required to identify opportunities, improve and make constructive suggestions for change;
- You will be required to communicate with stakeholders and provide sufficient information to allow for informed business decisions;
- You will be required to challenge stakeholders on their assumptions of how they envision the business and system processes to work;
- You will be required to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts;
- You will be required to assess the scope of projects and assist with planning and prioritisation;
- You will be required to assist with the enforcement of project deadlines, schedules and methodologies;
- You will be required to develop contingency plans where appropriate;
- You will be required to support and drive implementation of projects;
- You will be responsible for the development of test scenarios, test cases, testing activities necessary to assess the quality and completion of the system implementations;
- You will be required to co-ordinate and oversee work of other Business Analysts within the team (or across teams) as it relates to a specific project;
- You will be required to collaborate with developers to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between business and system requirements).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:–
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have a methodical approach to work;
- You have superb problem solving skills;
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to deal with complexity;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You have planning, organizational and time management skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com/ B Bus Sc;
- You have a technology or business analyst qualification with strong academic performance, in addition to the under grad qualification;
- You have current, relevant financial services experience – this is essential.
This is a great opportunity to set your career up with an outstanding outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded handsomely for your effort!