CLIENT DOESN’T MIND WHERE YOU ARE BASED – JUST WHEREVER THE BEST PERSON IS – THAT’S WHERE THEY CAN WORK!
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- TOP PACKAGE FOR A TOP PERFORMER – AND TO ATTRACT SOMEONE WHO IS NOT LOOKING.
As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek a Portfolio Manager – Balanced Fund professional to join their team. New role for a top performer. You are an seasoned investment proffesional.
You will report to the Head: Multi-Asset Funds but be part of a select team of investment managers who work as a team. FI experience would suffice, too.
The following would be essential for the role, namely:
- Managed money through cycles and have a credible track record;
- Current, relevant experience with different asset classes;
- Global experience;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Work well in a team and has a strong character;
- Strong technical expertise and asset allocation experience;
- Prior current, relevant experience of working in a boutique/franchise structure;
- Client engagement/report backs and due diligences – will be part of your role; .
- Strong understanding of investment philosophies;
- Curious, driven and energetic.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have relevant experience to hit the ground running;
- You have economic asset selection and industry analysis knowledge;
- You have excellent communication (written and oral) skills, in English;
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com Hnrs/CFA;
- You have a minimum of 10 years current, relevant experience as a portfolio manager, with a long term (more than 3 years ) track record of good investment performance (i.e. 2nd quartile and above); in this asset class;
- You have a broad knowledge of financial markets and investments;
- You have detailed knowledge of the industry;
- You have detailed knowledge of valuation methodologies and models;
- You have detailed knowledge of portfolio management methodology.
Great opportunity for top performer to join one of SA’s ‘top companies’ and forge a superb career!