R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
You will be joining a new company that will be responsible for the administration for two asset management businesses.
THIS IS A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO BE THE FIRST APPOINTED OPERATIONS MANAGER IN THIS NEW ENTITY. A CHANCE TO BE CREATIVE AND MAKE THE ROLE YOUR OWN, DURING THE SET-UP PHASE AND INTO THE FUTURE.
They now seek an Operations Manager to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for strategic vision of the operational team;
- You will be required to oversee all operational functions of the retirement and life business unit; the business is responsible for processing investments into retirement fund products, including living annuities, endowments, retirement annuities and preservation funds discretionary products etc.;
- You will be required to manage a team of administrators who execute the processing and reporting of investor instructions based on client specific service level agreements;
- You will be required to manage staff, including performance management; assisting with issues coming out of the daily operations; review of staff work and ensure processes are followed and standards are adhered to;
- You will be required to directly manage 3 operational team leaders responsible for new business;financial processing and claims;
- You will be required to oversee the day to day operations, ensuring that the team adheres to the clients current Service Level Agreement and to add value to clients by continually trying to improve the services provided;
- You will be required to draw up all business processes;agreeing service levels and operational procedures with clients; drawing up user guides; management and control reports;
- You will be required to review, with a view to improve, all processes and operational controls and implement the necessary controls to ensure segregation of duties and compliance with statutory requirements;
- You will be responsible for managing operational risk;
- You will be responsible for management and development of staff;
- You will be responsible for building the team and growing team knowledge;culture and work ethic;
- You will be responsible for managing existing client relationships,including relationships with the teams within the business;
- You will be responsible for investigating and resolving customer;investor and internal queries efficiently and on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for project work related to client take-on and legislative requirements;
- You will be required to lead;design and implement operational due diligence processes with respect of FICA / AML, FATCA and related regulations set out by the compliance managers;
- You will be required to participate in strategic planning processes as it relates to the growing the business unit;
- You will be required to regularly engage, interact with and report to management, the clients, the FSB and fund trustees;
- You will be required to establish and maintain key relationships, particularly with counterparts in client businesses and the broader industry;
- You will be required to liaise with internal and external auditors;
- You will be required to ensure tax; legislative and statutory requirements are met;
- You will be required to drive operational excellence and high performance.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are self-motivated, learn quickly and willing to be stretched in a challenging, dynamic and exciting environment;
- You are able to deal with and manage difficult, demanding clients;
- You have a solid track-record of delivery;
- You are able to operate at a strategic and tactical level;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have honed interpersonal skills;
- You have sound facilitation and presentation skills;
- You have critical thinking and creative problem solving skills;
- You have the ability to manage resources effectively and efficiently.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Bus Sc/ MBA or part;
- You have a minimum of 6 – 8 years current, relevant financial services experience;
- You have strong knowledge of the applicable LISP and CIS legislative environment (specifically the FAIS Act; Pension Funds Act; Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, Long-Term Insurance Act);
- You have strong operational knowledge of retirement products, including living annuities;endowments; pension and provident preservation funds and retirement funds;
- You have knowledge of Collective Investment Schemes essential;
- You are a key individual in terms of FAIS CAT III license essential;
- You have current, relevant experience in operations management and managing a team of this size;
- You have current, relevant experience managing projects, as it relates to this business unit, within the financial services industry;
- You have strong leadership experience (not just people management) – you need to be able to lead a transformation in the operations function, not just keep it running operationally;
- You are proficient in the MS Office suite.
Great opportunity for an individual with a high energy levels; super smart and emotionally mature who has an outstanding work ethic.