R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an authorised Financial Services Provider, a licensed Retirement Fund Administrator and Investment Manager. They provide a full range of services and products to retirement investors. They administer retirement funds and facilitate risk (insured) benefits. The company manages investments for retirement funds.
Our client is disrupting the investment industry to help ordinary people obtain dramatically better value for their long-term savings and lead more dignified lives in retirement. The investment industry is largely complex and expensive .This company is challenging this industry by providing a simple, direct, low fee investment solution. They are on a mission to build a customer centric tech enabled company – think Amazon. They have an outstanding eight-year track record delivering industry beating returns at lower costs with operational excellence and exceptional client retention. But they have only just started. They need great people to help them achieve their dreams. Sure, it’s a big challenge but what’s the point spending your life doing easy, unimportant, me too things?
They now seek a Senior Business Development Consultant to join their team. You will report directly to the Head of Institutional Business Development.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to play a pivotal role in developing the institutional business at the company;
- You will be responsible for managing the end to end sales process for the company’s set of prospects.
- You will be required to represent the company brand, prospective clients, provide a highly personalised and tailored service;
- You will be required to proactively reach out to the leads to build relationships, offer quotes, nudge the client through the (often long) sales process, represent the company at industry events and manage your sales pipeline meticulously via the CRM system;
- You will be required to proactively look at how to improve, shorten the sales cycle and think critically about how the company can do things smarter;
- You will be required to compete with the world’s most innovative financial services firms and the business development strategies should reflect this;
- You will be required to work closely with the CEO and the business development team to engage with prospective clients, ensure high client retentions and referrals;
- You will be required to understand the company’s investments strategic, competitive positioning and deliver client services that are recognized as the best in the industry;
- You will be required to proactively identify potential clients and generate leads for the institutional business;
- You will be required to build and develop strong relationships with institutional prospects at HR, MANCO and at trustee level, with the ultimate aim of converting a prospect to a client;
- You will be required to optimise and manage the sales process for your leads, nurture the relationships and proactively work to reduce the time it takes to close a deal;
- You will be required to prepare and deliver new business presentations to prospective clients;
- You will be required to obtain signed quotes from prospects and work to reduce the time it takes to prepare quotes for your prospects;
- You will be required to support the company’s joint venture with FAWU and Numsa Financial Services (NFS) to secure clients;
- You will be required to engage with the respective distribution channels, shop stewards and employers;
- You will be required to ensure high client satisfaction throughout the sales process;
- You will be required to meticulously document your progress throughout the sales in the CRM system, leverage the sales tools available to you to and optimise your sales conversion rate;
- You will be required to, when relevant, cross-sell the company’s retail products to institutional clients and prospects;
- You will be required to, when required, work closely with the company’s investment’s marketing team to ensure you have the sales tools you require;
- You will be required to, when required, represent the company at industry events;
- You will be required to prepare a weekly report on the impact of your initiatives on a weekly basis to the Head of Institutional Business Development person.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to have a proven track record of building relationships with corporate or strategic clients within the financial services industry;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English and Afrikaans;
- You will be proactive and excited about an opportunity to increase the institutional client base within the company;
- You have a passion for the financial education, empowering clients, have a keen eye for detail, are analytical by nature and enjoy delighting clients;
- You are passionate, determined, smart, self-starting ambitious and an independent thinker that wants to make a positive difference to people’s long-term financial wellbeing;
- You possess excellent organisational and analytical skills with strong technical communication abilities;
- You are able to communicate across a variety of mediums; group presentations, individual presentations, over the phone and via email;
- You are able to do presentations to a wide array of personalities and on professional levels; from the CEO to the cleaner and can competently prepare presentations;
- You are a professional and a strong brand ambassador for the company’s investments;
- You have a client first mentality, focussed on delivering a WOW client experience no matter what the opportunity or challenge;
- You are obsessed with detail and meticulous in recording all client information and updates to ensure first class relationship management;
- You have knowledge of investment and wealth management strategies, supplemented by a passion and flair for passive investment strategies;
- You are analytical – not afraid of financial analysis and comfortable discussing numbers;
- You have the ability to both lead and collaborate;
- You have high energy, positive and proactive attitude and proven track record of high achievements;
- You are passionate about improving the financial future of all South Africans and to achieve this through challenging the industry status quo.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Com, CFA part/CFP;
- You have four years current relevant experience in business development, preferably in financial services, with a strong performance track record of selling complex products to large companies.
- You have knowledge of market research, you know the market, customers including the competition better than anyone and you’re strong at integrating this information into your customer relationship strategies.
You are an overachiever, with high standards and dissatisfied with achieving second best – the company wants your A Game!