R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company.
They now seek an Intermediate Business Analyst to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Problem solving and solution design:
- You will be required to have a strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements;
- You will be required to have the ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Requirements elicitation:
- You will be required to identify the key stakeholders and gather requirements for specific problems or opportunities;
- You will be required to elicit requirements using a range of techniques;
- You will be required to drive and challenge the business areas on their assumptions in an effort to come up with solid solutions;
- You will be required to investigate feasible solutions, i.e. enhancing of existing functionality and development of the new functionality.
- Value identification:
- You will be required to recognise and articulate the expected ‘customer’ value for a specific problem or enhancement;
- You will be required to use the knowledge of the company’s internal and external systems to maximise business value;
- You will be required to liaise with the various industry partners around service integration and product offerings.
- Presentation and facilitation:
- You will be required to prepare and present content as well as facilitate workshops;
- You will be required to drive agreement and outcomes even when there are conflicting views or stakeholders.
- Communication and listening:
- You will be required to liaise between the business units, IT domains, third party vendors and your team members;
- You will be required to actively listen, be responsive and express thoughts effectively;
- You will be required to have proper communication skills to be able to convey information regarding business processes and anticipated changes.
- Documentation and written communication:
- You will be required to develop requirements specifications to an appropriate level of detail and using various techniques, while conforming to team standards;
- You will be required to interpret and express the needs of the users through visuals, e.g. mock-ups and user journeys;
- You will be required to assist in drafting user and training documentation.
- Project management and implementation:
- You will be required to plan and manage individual projects, whilst coordinating stakeholders and timelines;
- You will be required to support and drive the implementation.
- You will be required to derive scenarios and test cases to be used in the creation of test logs;
- You will be required to accurately capture test cases and verify results;
- You will be required to do the testing of solutions which includes system, integration, regression and end to end testing;
- You will be required to ensure that the prescribed testing standards are followed.
- Production support:
- You will be required to provide the first line support and root cause analysis of production issues for all the applications;
- You will be required to liaise with the onsite third party vendor support to resolve or assist with fixes;
- You will be required to continuously improve initiatives specifically with regard to quality and performance;
- You will be required to communicate progress, status and resolution to all stakeholders.
- Team work and ownership:
- You will be required to serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team;
- You will be required to collaborate with the developers, subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Passion and interest in technology:
- You will be required to keep up to date with new technology;
- You will be required to tie back cross-industry changes back to the domain.
- You will be required to analyse, design, document, test, implement business requirements and processes;
- You will be required to ensure operational stability of applications by providing proactive and reactive first-line support;
- You will be required to develop and implement new or improved business solutions that drive the business forward in support of the overall business objectives and strategy.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are able to function well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- You have tenacity and the ability to ‘get things done’;
- You have a self-organising attitude and a strong will to get the job done;
- You are a self-starter, quick learner, capable of setting priorities and remain efficient while multi-tasking;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills , in English, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts;
- You can function well in a detailed environment with particular concern for accuracy and quality;
- You have good planning, organizational and time management skills;
- You have proven track record in preparing and maintaining business requirements/workflow, prioritising requirements, enforcing change control policy and validation testing of business requirements;
- You have the ability to identify, document functional and non-functional technical requirements;
- You are able to work extended hours during periods of project implementation.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- · You have a B.Com, B Bus Sc, Information Systems, Software Development, Systems/Data Analysis, with a strong academic record;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience in a business analysis role;
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant experience in a financial services sector;
- You have current, relevant experience in applications offered by the financial software solutions provider ‘Digiata’, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience in the use of business analysis frameworks and methodologies;
- You have familiarity with Agile software development practices;
- You have strong SQL skills and databases knowledge.
This is a great opportunity to work for an award-winning company, whose vision is to be the best asset manager in SA by responsibly managing the creation of real long-term wealth for all!