R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an independently managed global asset manager within the group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. The company is founder-led and employees are equity stakeholders in the business. The company provides investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors. Established in South Africa in 1991,offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. The company is now a truly global business managing approximately R1,6 trillion² for clients from all over the world. Servicing these clients from offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore and Sydney (and more).
They now seek an Institutional Client Manager to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for daily interface between company and client;
- You will be responsible for acting as a credible proxy for the portfolio management team with clients, providing investment portfolio expertise:
- You will be responsible for providing clients, prospects and asset consultants with updates on: investment philosophy and process; insight on market views; performance and other portfolio details;
- You will be required to have a clear understanding of the company’s processes including the importance of economic factors, investment process, portfolio construction and risk management;
- You will be required to coordinate and conduct report back presentations, whether it be standard report-backs or defences;
- You will be responsible for ensuring monthly and quarterly reporting completed accurately and customised effectively;
- You will be responsible for coordinating the client take-on, restructures and mandate changes including negotiating, drafting, finalisation and implementation of the company agreement;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that daily queries and questions are resolved speedily and satisfactory;
- You will be responsible for deepening and broadening client relationships resulting in longstanding partnerships between the company and the clients;
- You will be responsible for leveraging off existing relationships in order to generate net positive flows for the business;
- You will be required to guide and mentor junior members of the team;
- You will be responsible for overseeing SalesForce maintenance.
- Risk and compliance:
- You will be responsible for adhering to the in-house code of ethics which forms part of employment contract, and which includes the following key policies: management of conflicts of interest, treating clients fairly, confidentiality of client and business information, handling of inside information, personal account dealing, disclosure of outside interests, provision or receipt of gifts, entertainment, events or other benefits;
- You will be responsible for being alert to possible and actual breaches of procedures and regulators rules and reporting them to the line manager and compliance, and where applicable to operational risk;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that regulatory and other corporate deadlines are met (for example. filing of accounts and financial returns, trustee notifications, valuation points, etc.);
- You will be responsible for being alert to any possible ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (“TCF”) issues and advising compliance thereof;
- You will be responsible for maintaining client confidentiality, and ensuring that client data is protected, encrypted, transported securely and is stored away each evening and if sensitive information, that it is locked away;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering or fraud or other crime are reported to compliance.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have sound presentation skills;
- You are comfortable communicating with senior management and people from all areas within the firm and with clients;
- You are self-motivated;
- You are meticulous;
- You have a proactive approach to query resolution and client service;
- You have a “can do” attitude”;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B. Bus Science, B.Com hnrs, CFA or part,
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant institutional experience within an asset consultant;
- You have strong technical and operational knowledge;
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite;
- You have comprehensive Salesforce (or other CRM system) knowledge.
This is a truly global best practice business. One that celebrates people and success and rewards top performers accordingly. Exciting role with meaty challenges.