R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek a Business Development Manager Group Channels to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for marketing and business development of the company;
- You will be responsible for the formulation, execution and monitoring of respective company channel strategies in the region;
- You will be responsible and accountable for achievement of the company’s regional sales targets across various channels and products;
- You will be responsible for building relationships and gathering assets into the company’s products;
- You will be required to have a good understanding of the unit trust business and industry;
- You will be required to explore opportunities with prospective clients – build reputable contact list;
- You will be required to engage and build relationships with Financial Advisors across all company distribution channels;
- You will be required to stay abreast of industry matters – fund performance, legislation etc.;
- You will be required to have a comprehensive understanding of the competitors – monitor / analyse etc.;
- You will be responsible for providing regular reviews to clients – industry news, investment performance updates etc.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong understanding / knowledge of the various distribution channels, Financial Advisors across these channels as well as investment markets;
- You are sales driven;
- You have strong sales skills;
- You are highly organised, methodical and structured;
- You have excellent people skills;
- You have strong presentation skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B.Com/B.Bus. Sc/CFP;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience in a similar role;
- You have current, relevant experience in asset management, investments and / or retail investment industry and products;
- You have strong knowledge of the intermediary environment;
- You have in-depth knowledge of the asset management industry.
This is an exciting and essential role. You are a consummate professional sales manager who can hit the ground running. You will be well rewarded for same!