R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
This multimanager team focus on understanding managers and their individual contributions to creating a well-diversified portfolio, designed to meet clearly defined investment outcomes.
They now seek a Head of Manager Research to join their team. You will report to the Chief Investment Officer.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will berequired to manage the manager research function;
- You will berequired to participate in the strategic development of the overall investment function;
- You will berequired to manage the manager research process that is required to support the investment function;
- You will berequired to define the activities and capabilities that are required to deliver the manager research process. This will include: structure, people and systems;
- You will berequired to oversee the activities of the manager research team and initiate any changes to continuously improve the research function;
- You will beresponsible for the manager ranking list for all internal products and advisory clients; manager relationships and advisory client collateral;
- You will berequired to participate in the integration of the research activities across the broader investment function;
- You will berequired to coordinate and drive the development of systems in support of the manager research function.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a passion for investments and markets;
- You are meticulous;
- You have strong relationship and people skills;
- You are team orientated;
- You have excellent problem solving and conceptual thinking skills;
- You are able to initiate action and drive activities;
- You are curious, have candor and integrity;
- You have good business acumen;
- You are innovative and resourceful.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com hnrs, B. Bus Sc, CFA/ studying towards CFA qualification;
- You have a minimum of 7 – 10 years current, relevant experience in either the asset management industry or financial markets;
- You have an understanding of general investment principles and concepts;
- You have an understanding of financial markets and portfolio management;
- You are able to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the products and portfolios;
- You have a detailed understanding of the asset managers, their investment processes and philosophies;
- You have a detailed understanding of the market and economic variables that influence asset prices;
- You have a detailed understanding of portfolio construction, asset allocation strategies and investment principles;
- You have an understanding of statistics and quantitative techniques in finance and investments.
Join a successful team – who are busy and happy and put your qualitative investment research experience to optimum use!