R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partners in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
You are an experienced brand and marketing professional working in a regulated industry with responsibilities that tie in to wider business objectives. Your suitability determined by your leadership, ability to work across the marketing value chain, your commercial record of accomplishment and your willingness to take on a challenge.
You will required to support and drive delivery of the Asset Management Cluster to deliver its value proposition: “To be the asset manager of choice for flows destined for Africa.” The function embraces “Connected Investing” and lives the brand in terms of proving the long-term client benefits of multi-specialist investing for todays connected world. You will be required to be part of a high-energy environment where individual talent and commitment flourishes. Our client celebrates a culture of success with focus, passion, diversity, and curiosity.
They now seek a Head of Brand to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for brand strategy and management, CSI, Sponsorship, Events, and Production;
- You will be required to ensure that, through effective project and relationship management that the brand marketing strategies are executed to the highest standards for the optimization of business outcomes; with the overall aim of improving the company’s brand equity with their stakeholders and achieve two-way engagement with employees at all levels;
- You will be required to build a leading asset management brand that is distinctive, simplified and relevant inchosen market segments;
- You will be required to develop and implement the functional brand strategy; architecture, corporate identity and through-the-line brand campaigns;
- You will be responsible for ownership of the company brand image and guardian of the brand identity;
- You will be required to provide strategic support and guidance to business and functional execution teams in developing advertising,sponsorship marketing, communication, events, research and insights and brand physical presence initiatives;
- You will be responsible for media strategy, planningand buying; monitoring is key to drive efficiencies and set metrics;
- You will be required to harvest business insights and external research to provide guidance for a brand that is intuitive, impactful and differentiated;
- You will be required to establish frameworks for support, guidance, and governance to deliver brand consistency in South Africa, Europe, and rest of Africa;
- You will be required to formulate the annual brand marketing budget and execute to budget;
- You will be required to lead the relationship with the agencies and partners to deliver the annual brand and media campaign approach, setting clear SLA’s, monitoring and delivering the expected results;
- Youwill be responsible for contractual negotiations, governance, performance evaluation and measurement;
- You will be responsible for aligning CSI to the brand essence and execute campaigns to demonstrate triple bottom line value;
- You will be required to work with events, communications and below the line teams for consistent messaging and brand across all touch points;
- You will be required to align with the group as a whole to provide seamless vertical integration and brand integrity.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a high level of accountability, self-management and commitment to your role and within the broader organisation;
- You are a respected leader of people and teams; a person who inspires and motivates others to strive for excellence;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English; with strong interpersonal skills and can dynamically communicate at all levels;
- You are a highly motivated, ambitious, energetic self-starter; with a strong ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment;
- You are able to thrive under pressure and you are stimulated in a fast-paced environment;
- You have an extremely good eye for detail even while working on various projects simultaneously;
- You have a strongly developed relationship building skills;
- You have the ability to know intuitively where to place effort and chase commercial opportunities;
- You have excellent negotiation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- You have the ability to drive and improve communications and marketing activity through a proactive, innovative, and strategic planning approach;
- You have the ability to measure performance of communications and marketing activity by using a range of traditional and digital analytics tools to create reports and dashboards aligned to priorities and outcomes using findings to improve future services;
- You have effective customer care skills, including how to understand, deliver and manage customer expectations via a range of channels, across the customer purchase journey.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B.Bus Sc (Marketing )/MBA;
- You have industry recognition as a brand leader in terms of active membership and participation on accredited Brand, Marketing, or Advertising councils;
- You have had senior or Executive level leadership and management training;
- You have a minimum of 8 – 10 years current, relevant marketing, communication, and commercial experience at a senior management level, of which a minimum of 3 years in Brand Management;
- You have managed a team of Marketing professionals;
- You are experienced in resource management and delivery of cost effective, quality services including commissioning services from agencies, suppliers, and internal studio;
- You have a successful employment history in the financial services industry, preferably in Investment Management;
- You have current, relevant experience at budget-holding level, including fixed and variable costs and reporting;
- You have worked in a matrix Marketing and Communication structure;
- You have expert knowledge of how to translate business strategy into marketing strategy and execution;
- You have led on developing and executing a social relevance strategy (including CSI);
- You have led on developing and executing a sponsorship strategy;
- You have solid knowledge of formal Project Management principles;
- You have a solid understanding of economic, political and business drivers for each of the Emerging Markets;
- You have investment management brand management would be a distinct advantage;
- You have expert knowledge of Advertising, Media, Creative Strategy, Brand strategy;
- You have a strong understanding of emerging digital channels and trends, both locally and globally;
- You have knowledge of key issues, developments, and current thinking around B2B communication, Marketing, and content strategies;
- You are proficient in the MS Office suite, as well as a working knowledge of Apple software to ensure a seamless working across platforms.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to become a core part of the business with a select group of innovative and respected experts. Rewards on success!