R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was established in 2010. The company is one of the world’s leading independently owned family offices and the largest in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), as measured by its breadth of services, geographic reach and by assets under management, advice and administration. The company provides a range of services from long-term strategic planning and investments to day-to-day advice and administration to over 250 families of wealth.
Their staff are accomplished at thinking from the perspective of the client, rather than seeing things through the prism of their own expertise. They only hire those who excel in a team environment and focused on the client’s interests. Their ‘one-firm-firm’ culture helps all their areas of expertise work together seamlessly, responding to their clients’ needs.
They now seek an Equity Investment Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Director / Portfolio Manager.
Please note this role is not sector specific has great potential for growth and the successful incumbent will be joining a small, niche team!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for analysis of JSE listed equities as well as providing portfolio management and administrative support to the company;
- Investment process:
- You will be required to assist with refinements of the overall equity investment process;
- You will be responsible for research and information for monthly and quarterly equity meetings;
- You will be required to assist with day-to-day portfolio management and administration of client portfolios;
- You will be responsible for JSE listed equity investment research and idea generation;
- You will be responsible for monitoring portfolio mandate compliance;
- You will be responsible for stock broker and sell-side institutional research communication;
- You will be responsible for maintaining and updating investment universe;
- You will be responsible for updating and idea generation for house view portfolios.
- Client experience:
- You will be required to assist in improvement of overall company client experience through external research distribution and note preparation;
- You will be required to assist with client meetings and reviews;
- You will be required to assist with client quarterly reporting process.
- You will be required to assist with proposal generation;
- You will be required to assist in the preparation of marketing material.
- Portfolio review:
- You will be required to assist with ongoing client portfolio reviews;
- You will be required to prepare recommendations to portfolio manager(s).
- Client interaction:
- You will be responsible for developing direct relationships with certain clients as deemed appropriate by the portfolio manager(s).
- Trading and execution:
- You will be required to assist with generation of portfolio implementation plans;
- You will be required to assist with design and implementation of new CRM and order management system;
- You will be responsible for placing and monitoring of certain trading activity;
- You will be required to ensure trading adheres to portfolio implementation plan and portfolio restrictions.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Planning and organizing:
- You are able to schedule and manage your workload effectively, think ahead, set plans to achieve goals.
- You are able to support and work towards team goals, share information, be helpful and co-operative, work effectively with people outside of your immediate team and within the wider group;
- Communication skills:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You are a highly skilled communicator on a one-on-one level, communicates clearly and concisely, listens effectively, written communication is well presented;
- You have excellent presentation skills.
- Accuracy, quality and productivity:
- You are able to deliver work of a high standard, output is accurate and error free, productivity is satisfactory and consistent.
- Technical knowledge:
- You are able to demonstrate the required technical knowledge, understand policies, processes and systems in your area of expertise and keep technical knowledge up to date.
- Action orientated:
- You are able to take prompt action and see task through to completion, persist in effort to achieve results and takes responsibility for your own actions.
- Research and analysis skill:
- You are able to display analytical, objective and thorough approach to information gathering, consider and question all scenarios, identify the most important factors and present analysis in a clear manner reaching logical conclusions.
- Problem solving and decision making:
- You are able to consider the wider consequences of each decision, gather and analyse information to find creative solutions;
- You are able to show a passion and enthusiasm for equity markets.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B. Bus Sc and CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum of 2 – 5 years current, relevant working experience in equity environment;
- You have current, relevant FAIS experience with the necessary (RE5) Representative Regulatory Exam; this would be an advantage;
- You are proficient in the MS Office suite;
- You have current, relevant working experience with Bloomberg or similar market software.
Exciting opportunity to work for a leading international, independent