R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a multi-specialist investment company in 10 African countries with business partnersin North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. As one of the largest investment managers in South Africa, the company employs a wide range of professional and specialist investment and technical staff. Staff compliment countrywide is nearly 600. They have a diverse investment offering designed to deliver on their investment promise to their clients.
They now seek a Marketing and Communication Business Partner to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to play a key part of the overall co-ordination of activity from the Marketing, Sales and Product business areas;
- You will be required to work in close conjunction with senior business leaders to ensure the overall Marketing and Communication approach supports business priorities.
- You will be responsible for managing business expectations upfront in line with Marketing and Communication policies and frameworks;
- You will be required to have strong stakeholder management skills, strategic planning and implementation experience; and a keen understanding of commercial drivers;
- You will be required to ensure that, through effective project and relationship management, that the Marketing and Communication strategies are executed to the highest standards for the optimisation of business outcomes; with the overall aim of improving the company brand reputation with stakeholders and achieving two way engagement with employees at all levels;
- You will be required to develop and implement Communications and Marketing strategies for the assigned business unit to include creative and innovative Communication and Marketing campaigns in line with business unit objectives and commercial needs;
- You will be required to drive brand awareness and increase market share through an integrated Sales, Marketing and Communications approach;
- You will be required to use negotiation and influencing skills to ensure guidelines, policies, protocols and procedures are adhered to, in order to avoid reputational risk to the organisation;
- You will be required to understand the market landscape, taking advantage of opportunities and new possibilities with high commercial value;
- You will be required to monitor Marketing spend, reporting on return on investment;
- You will be required to driving best practice sharing across all Marketing activities through robust monitoring and analysis;
- You will be required to develop strong relationships with the senior leadership team, key internal stakeholders and relevant external 3rd parties;
- You will be required to contribute to the development and upskilling of Marketing and Communication staff in terms of business practices and understanding.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strongly developed relationship building skills; you know intuitively where to place effort and chase commercial opportunities;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have superb negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- You have the ability to drive and improve communications and marketing activity through a proactive, innovative, and strategic planning approach;
- You have the ability to measure performance of communications and marketing activity by using a range of traditional and digital analytics tools to create reports and dashboards aligned to priorities and outcomes, using findings to improve future services;
- You have effective customer care skills, including how to understand, deliver and manage customer expectations via a range of channels;
- You have commitment to continued professional development.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com (Marketing, Brand and / or Communication); as a minimum qualification. B. Bus Sc ( marketing ) or honours B.Com ( marketing ) ideal;
- You have completed leadership and management training;
- You have a Post-graduate / MBA qualification; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum 7 – 10 years current, relevant Marketing, Communications and Commercial experience, in a Financial Services business·
- You have current, relevant experience of leading on consultation and engagement with community, partners and other agencies
- You have knowledge of the key issues, developments and current thinking around Communications and Marketing, in particular advances in Digital / Social media;
- You have knowledge and understanding of providing Communications and Marketing support in a public sector or political context;
- You have knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity and its relevance to the Communications and Marketing function;
- You have knowledge and understanding of the role of all forms of Digital technology meeting the business needs of the organization;
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft applications;
- You have working knowledge of photographic / video equipment and post editing / design software.
Global best practice business. Significant exposure. Marketing is highly respected in the business.