R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is committed to quality investments that are sophisticated but simply structured and competitively priced.
Since its founding in 1941, our client is the only mutual financial services company in South Africa that has focused exclusively on graduate professionals, providing tailor-made insurance, investment and healthcare solutions to their members.
They are an exclusive organisation of graduate professionals, which provides exceptional insurance benefits and a range of financial services to members, their families and associates, to create wealth, peace of mind and security for members during their working lives and in retirement.
Tried, tested and trusted for over 75 years, our client is recognised as a company of value, repute and integrity, by lawyers, doctors, accountants, engineers and many other professions. They know that our client is exclusively there for them and their families through every stage of their lives – from graduation to retirement and beyond.
They now seek a Manager: Performance and Reporting to join their team. You will report to the Executive: Operations.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to lead a team of performance and reporting Analysts responsible for maintaining the investment databases, and delivering accurate and timely internal and external investment reports to various stakeholders;
- You will be required to drive improvements to the reporting structure and bespoke reports, working closely with developers, reporting Analysts and other relevant parties including the marketing, positioning and the Investment teams;
- You will be required to take overall responsibility of correctness and timeous distribution of internal and external reports through implementation of appropriate workflow processes and checklists;
- You will be required to drive internal and external reporting processes, liaising with various departments to ensure reports meet regulatory and client requirements and implement industry best practice;
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of the integrity of investment database(s), including accurate classification of information and identification and correction of errors; liaise with developers and managers to ensure information is captured correctly;
- You will be required to drive improvement of reporting structures as internal and external requirements develop;
- You will be required to oversee the day-to-day management of staff and develop/maintain individual and team metrics;
- You will be required to plan, allocate and measure individual employee’s work and makes decisions regarding performance appraisals, recognition and development;
- You will be required to review and validate performance data used by various stakeholders;
- You will be required to troubleshoot performance issues through working with Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Operations and clients, etc.;
- You will be responsible for researching and resolving any database discrepancies;
- You will be required to manage and take ownership of data to enrich reporting data warehouse and ensure optimum efficiency;
- You will be responsible for maintenance of the monthly attribution models to quantitatively assess manager and Investment team decision making; work with Quantitative Analyst to improve robustness of attribution;
- You will be required to ensure various parties are provided with relevant and timely reports of underlying portfolios; engage with Investment team and Developers to ensure reports remain accurate and relevant;
- You will be required to ensure that the Marketing team are provided with relevant data to run retail and institutional reports on a monthly and quarterly basis and build presentations.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are meticulous and have a high level of accuracy;
- You have the ability to work independently;
- You take responsibility and you are accountable;
- You are a self-starter, take initiative and you are proactive;
- You have diligence and numeracy ability;
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines;
- You are passionate, ambitious and energetic.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You haveB. Com, B. Bus. Sc (Maths / Stats) or CIPM qualification; the latter would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum ofminimum 4 years current, relevant experience in a similar role within the asset management environment; this is essential.
- You have in-depth knowledge of portfolio instruments in collective investment schemes and their appropriate classification;
- You have spreadsheet and reporting experience;
- You have current, relevant management experience;
- You have strong working knowledge of Inet and Morningstar; this would be an advantage;
- You have basic programming language.
You would like to couple your skills to a top house and join a highly successful team who have an outstanding track record!