R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client offer investors a focused range of unit trusts to suit all risk profiles and return objectives. Their unit trusts include equity funds, balanced funds, property funds, income funds, tax-free funds and offshore funds. They are one of South Africa’s top largest investment managers.
They now seek a Head of Human Capital to join their team. You will be a member of the Senior Executive team, reporting directly to the CEO.
You are a highly capable, experienced Head of Human Capital with the ability to embed a culture of excellence. This is not a role for a cookie-cutter; you will need to have a strong grasp of the systemic variables and implement truly competitive differentiating solutions.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will berequired to be have the ability to structure your team to achieve the organisation’s people mandate;
- You will be required to be a hands-on involvement;
- You will be required to develop and implement a people strategy and operating plan for the company; with measurable objectives in line with company strategy;
- You will be required to be a thought leader on the overall talent management strategy,including organisational design, EVP, recruitment, employment equity, induction, performance management, talent and leadership development, succession planning, rewards and benefits;
- You will be required to identify and implement organisational development and change management initiatives e.g. employee experience and a retention strategy, which supports and re-affirms the company’s culture and ensure values are clearly articulated and demonstrated by all;
- You will be required to develop and execute initiatives to further improve the company’s staff diversity;
- You will be required to partner with the CEO and Executive team through providing comprehensive specialist ad hoc advice across all HR disciplines that drive high impact practices;
- You will be required to lead, coach and develop the people team to ensure effective business partnering and delivery in line with the operating plan and business needs;
- You will be required to chair the CSI Committee, Health and Safety Committee and be a representative on the EE Forum;
- You will be required to be a member of the company’s social, ethics and transformation Board Sub-Committee;
- You will be required to refine and manage HR “lite” policies and procedures that are simple, and create as little admin friction,as possible;
- You will be required to build anHR IS system that can manage this effectively and provide useful people analytics.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a demonstrated ability to see the big picture and ability to provide useful and strategic advice to the Senior Executive team;
- You have innovative problem-solving skills;
- You have an intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous learning, especially in the People domain;
- You have exceptional intra / interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to deliver a professional HR-OD service;
- You have confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with all people;
- You have strong organizational, influencing and leadership skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a Honours degree in Organisational Psychology, Human Resource Management and or commerce;
- You have a Master’s Degree in Organisational Psychology, Human Resource Management or and an MBA;this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have an affiliation to a professional body e.g. HPCSA;this would be a distinct advantage;
- You havea minimum 5 years’ current, relevant experience in an Executive level position with a proven track record of having influenced and driven key initiatives in line with business needs;
- You have a history of supervising and managing professional staff effectively;
- You have current, relevant experience working in a flexible, empowering work environment that promotes excellence;
- You have demonstrated experience of having operated in both anHR and OD capacity, having contributed significantly through innovative, non-traditional HR-OD practices and initiatives; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant external consulting experience in the people domain;this would be a distinct advantage. Your experience is ideally in Financial Services or the service industry – not manufacturing or parastatal spaces.
This is an outstanding company to work for; wonderful opportunity and you will enjoy working with a winning team! Set up this team and the role has far reaching responsibility – you are the right hand to the CEO!