R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is committed to quality investments that are sophisticated but simply structured and competitively priced. Established in 2007, our client is South Africa’s largest multidisciplinary society of professionals. Since inception, they have worked at building a credible business, providing swift service and offering investments aimed at helping achieve financial goals.
They now seek a Business Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Manager: Business Analysis.
You will be involved with a key strategic initiative for the business in 2018. You are driven and have the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to perform the business analysis, delivery of process or technological solutions to meet the business requirements and objectives;
- You will be required to ensure quality solutions are delivered to the business by means of tracking statistical reports, workflow, processes and functional specifications against expected business outcomes;
- You will be responsible for the business analysis and business case development;
- You will be responsible for the project management of allocated tasks and projects;
- You will be responsible for the business process mapping, process improvement initiatives and supporting the business process management;
- You will be required to review, interpret, analyse business rules and requirements for the technical systems;
- You will be required to transfer of product requirements to system architects, including project management i.e. new product initiatives;
- You will be responsible for the system and user acceptance testing upon delivery from vendors;
- You will be required to document other business and technical specifications, as required: User cases, activity diagrams, sequencing diagrams, entity relationship diagrams and deployment diagrams, etc.;
- You will be required to supplement rules and requirements with functional, non-functional, technical specifications and document these for the solution acceptance criteria;
- You will be responsible for the client, business, MIS report enhancements and development of new reports;
- You will be required to document the processes and this will be used as training manuals;
- You will be responsible for collecting; understanding, transmitting business requirements for all the projects, translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans;
- You will be required to bring about operational efficiency through development of interface capabilities with third party vendors, workflow tools and all new in-house systems;
- You will be required to act as the link, drive interactions between the client, development team and any third party throughout the development lifecycle;
- You will be responsible for the transfer of business new products and initiative requirements to the system architects;
- You will be required to assess the impact to processes, systems by legislative and regulatory changes within the industry;
- You will be required to assist with the client services support, client quality assurance, ad hoc projects and project management from time to time.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong investment administration background and relevant experience;
- You have sound analytical skills;
- You are proactive and able to use initiative;
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and performance-oriented environment;
- You have the ability to multi-task and be highly flexible;
- You are highly organised and efficient;
- You have the ability to drive innovative solutions;
- You are a team player;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills;
- You have superb facilitation and negotiation skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Com (IS), B.Com Hons or B.BusSc with a specialization in Investment Management or Computer Science fields (with strong mathematical background or subject knowledge an advantage).
- You have a Diploma in Business Analysis;
- You have a Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning or studying towards this qualification, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience in a Unit Trust Management company, Linked Investment Service Provider (LISP) and Asset Management arena;
- You have a proven track record of enhancements and product developments on the Oracle Flexcube Investor Servicing application, proven track record of implementation for the correspondence engine components and amendment to the correspondence artifacts;
- You have a proven track record of the implementations and customization of the peripheral systems required around the Oracle Flexcube Investor Servicing application;
- You have in-depth knowledge of the full end-to-end services, systems and processes required within the LISP environment;
- You have a good understanding of system interactions within the context of the business process delivery (i.e. workflow system, CRM, BPM, batch systems and data warehousing);
- You have current, relevant financial market, investment administration and project management experience, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have knowledge of the following systems, namely:
- Oracle Flexcube;
- Basic SQL;
- MS Office;
- MS Project;
- MS Visio;
- Asset Management IM systems;
- Investment Management Retail systems;
- CRM systems;
- BPM systems.
This is a perfect opportunity for a positive individual with the motivation and determination to prove themselves within a fast-paced company.