R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a specialist investment management firm, with an historical focus on the hedge funds management. Whilst retaining this focus its product range has expanded into traditional investment products, leveraging its developed strengths and experience. The company manages in excess of R5bn of investor capital and currently has 22 employees across investment and business operations functions.
They now seek a Senior Equity Analyst to join their team. You will report to the Head of Equities. You will also potentially become a PM soon – or may be a PM now who is comfortable with investment analysis, too.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be motivated to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where due to the small team. Roles are fluid and a willingness to take on responsibility is welcomed;
- You will be responsible for investment research of a range of JSE listed companies (attending investment meetings, maintaining market knowledge etc.);
- You will be responsible for building financial models on companies to perform analysis and valuation of company shares;
- You will be required to develop relationships with key industry participants to gain a better understanding of industry dynamics and drivers;
- You will be required to display initiative and make recommendations based on research conducted. Selection and communication of overweight and underweight investment opportunities;
- You will be required to present investment ideas to equity team;
- You will be required to undertake any ad hoc requests / proprietary research projects;
- You will be required to keep abreast of current market and industry developments.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong technical skills;
- You have a professional approach;
- You are self-motivated with an entrepreneurial flair;
- You are a problem solver who is results driven;
- You are a team player;
- You are pro-active and confident;
- You are highly organised; able to follow through on decisions;
- You have excellent communications (written and verbal) skills, in English, with the ability to present ideas clearly;
- You have good modelling skills;
- You have an excellent analytical ability;
- You have critical thinking skills;
- You are innovative and a conceptual thinker;
- You are meticulous;
- You possess an enquiring mind and be willing to learn.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Bus.Sc,/CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services and good academic results;
- You have a CFA, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 6 years current, relevant experience in equity research or/and portfolio management;
- You have an understanding of financial statements and financial analysis;
- You have knowledge of spreadsheets at an advanced level;
- You have current, relevant experience in analysing JSE listed companies.
Great opportunity for an individual with a high energy level and outstanding work ethic. You love the investment space and would like to work with a strong team who are focussed and proffesional. You also enjoy working in a successful, growing business that doesn’t have a formal corporate culture but is still a global best practice business with performance that is superior.