R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is one of the largest alternative investment managers in Africa, with R51.4 billion (US$5 billion) assets under management. They manage investments in private equity, infrastructure and a range of impact funds.
They now seek an Investment Professional to join their team. You will report to the Head of International Private Equity.
The role has an international focus, including Africa and consequently, may require you to travel into Africa, as well as further abroad.
Please note current, relevant Africa experience is essential for this role.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to contribute to the strategic development of the international funds of funds;
- You will be required to build and maintain relationships with external fund managers;
- You will be required to conduct due diligence on the private equity fund managers, their capabilities to generate superior and sustainable long term investment performances;
- You will be required to produce investment recommendations to the investment committee
- You will be required to monitor existing investments and funds progress;
- You will be required to partake in the development and the execution of the fund marketing strategies to attract potential institutional investors;]]
- You will be required to develop and assist with the client reporting;
- You will be required to build an industry profile by, inter alia, conducting research and presenting at conferences;
- You will be required to assist with the operational obligations within the international private equity business.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have honed technical and analytical skills;
- You are a professional;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, in English;
- You have good presentation skills;
- You have out of the box thinking skills;
- You have excellent relationship building skills;
- You are able to commit and take ownership of your responsibilities;
- You are a good team player;
- You have global political and economic knowledge;
- You have a commercial mindset.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B,Bus Sc, CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services or/And CFA;
- You have minimum 5 – 8 years current, relevant investment industry experience, preferably in mergers or acquisitions, investment banking, private equity and management consulting or an equity research environment;
- You are registered with the FSB and passed the 1st level regulatory exam, RE5 (should you not meet this requirement, you should be prepared to commence this process once employed);
- You have current, relevant Africa or global experience (outside Africa); this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
This is a significant role – great exposure for a technical PE expert.