R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
You will be joining a new company that will be responsible for the administration for two asset management businesses.
This is a unique opportunity to be the first appointed Compliance and Risk Officer in this new entity. A chance to be creative and make the role your own, during the set-up phase and into the future.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the various compliance related tasks covering: the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, the Long Term Insurance Act, the Pension Funds Act, the Medical Schemes Act, the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, internal compliance policies and procedures relevant to an asset manager;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and updating the business on regulatory/industry developments;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on compliance obligations and risks;
- You will be responsible for interacting with regulators, industry bodies and internal stakeholders;
- You will be required to take on global compliance tasks.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You are a self-starter able to work independently;
- You are well organized, proactive, pragmatic and able to juggle responsibilities;
- You are able to work under pressure and deliver on time.
- You are a committed individual with a strong “can do” attitude;
- You are pragmatic with good interpersonal skills;
- You are a logical thinker with honed analytical skills;
- You have concise verbal and written communication skills, in English;
- You are assertive;
- You are highly motivated, proactive and innovative.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a business, legal or compliance qualification, Cat I and III, FAIS registered and /or Compliance Officer is essential;
- You have a minimum 5 years current, relevant working experience in financial services arena, specifically FSP Cat I and III, 13B administrator;
- You have current, relevant experience in an administrative financial services provider or pension funds benefits administrator.
- You are proficient in MS Office (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
Great opportunity for an individual with a high energy levels; super smart and emotionally mature who has an outstanding work ethic.