R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company.
This role requires dealing with Pricing, Performance and Trading. You may have experience as a Fund Accountant, too.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to assist with the tracking, reconciliation and communication relating to the portfolio management system. This is the system that tracks the performance for the individual portfolio managers;
- You will be required to assist with the calculation of the performance of the portfolio managers investment returns which requires the reconciliation of all client portfolio performance to be allocated to each portfolio manager.
- You will be required to communicate daily with the trading and investment accounting team;
- You will be required to assist with the tracking of all new clients and instruments as well as allocating all the trading positions;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the portfolio managers individual performances across all investment mandates are accurate and complete.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent numeric ability;
- You are accurate;
- You are organised and with a keen eye for detail;
- You work well under pressure;
- You are organised and deadline driven;
- You are able to work flexible hours if required to do so;
- You have the ability to operate independently as well as in a team.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com hnrs/B.Sc (maths,/stats or accounts)and good academic results;
- You have current, relevant experience in a related position at a financial institution,and ideally in the institutional investments space = so that you can hit the ground running wrt the necessary work;
- You have a good understanding of how fixed income, equity, securities and derivatives, work.
- You have strong MS Office skills.
You are a pro-active individual with exceptionally high standards of work and you pay great attention to detail. You are a self-motivated, team player who has the ability to work under pressure with consistent diligence and a positive disposition. You are a team player who enjoys a challenge.