R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
BRAND NEW ROLE!
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek an Equity Analyst to join their team. You are passionate about financial markets and you have experience at another top investment house – ideally on the buy side. This is an ideal opportunity to prove yourself in a top performing investment team in Cape Town. You will work for 2 of the top PM’s in SA and enjoy huge exposure and credibility at this top tier brand.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for analysing companies listed on the JSE;
- You will be responsible for assisting analysts with research projects across various sectors;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc tasks for members of the investment team;
- You will be responsible for daily and monthly monitoring and reporting on fund manager portfolios (especially the monthly portfolio review document);
- You will be responsible for administrative work supporting the research process;
- You will be responsible for preparation of presentations for internal report-backs and external roadshows;
- You will be responsible for assisting analysts in building spreadsheet models and running company analyses;
- You will be responsible for assisting analysts with research projects in various sector.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are confident;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are motivated to prove yourself;
- You are driven;
- You are motivated by performance based rewards;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are proactive and able to manage your own training;
- You have a keen eye for detail; this is essential;
- You have excellent diligence and numeracy skills; this is essential;
- You have a willingness to work hard starting at the bottom and learn fast; this is essential.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a CA(SA) with strong academic results and at clients at audit in financial services and a CFA or part;
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office with advanced Excel;
- You have strong knowledge of Bloomberg or Inet.
This company rarely has roles as everyone stays with them given their reputation, so this is a rare, exiting and career enhancing opportunity