R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
They now seek a Performance Analyst to join their Performance Research team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the monthly production of fund and benchmark performances for all company’s funds and products, in both a technical format and in a format suitable for presentation to clients. This includes certain complex performance calculations like IRR return calculations;
- You will be required to maintain records on a client, as well as a product level and facilitate reporting;
- You will be required to design, produce monthly and quarterly reports;
- You will be responsible for the analysis of the investment performances, preparation of graphs, statistics, historical risk figures, presentations on a recurring, ad-hoc basis for use in client feedbacks and marketing initiatives;
- You will be required to analyse fund returns and comment on reasons for out/ under-performance.
- You will be required to identify, highlight areas of strong performance and those requiring attention;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of data for surveys produced by consultants;
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of marketing material, sales presentations and client presentation material representing the company’s investment performance;
- You will be responsible for continuous research and assessments of the new processes performance measurements and performance evaluation;
- You will be responsible for the on-going GIPS compliance;
- You will be responsible for the calculation of performance-based fees;
- You will be required to calculate performance attributions;
- You will be responsible for the ad-hoc performance projects, this includes having to attend meetings and interact with the various parties involved in the particular project.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are highly numerate;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have self-motivation and initiative;
- You have the ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- You are able to take ownership of work;
- You are a fast learner;
- You have the ability to multi-task and manage deadlines;
- You have a proactive approach to address changing needs of (mainly) internal clients;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You have a practical understanding of different performance calculation, attribution and risk statistic methodologies;
- You have problem solving skills – particularly with a view to find ways of automating regular reports.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a B Com hnrs (stats / maths / investments);
- You have or are studying towards a CFA or CIPM; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have minimum 2 – 5 years current, relevant experience in the asset management industry;
- You have an understanding and knowledge of financial markets and of performance standards (GIPS);
- You have knowledge of compound interest, discounting, NPV, IRR, bond valuation calculations and StatPro, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong Excel skills;
- You have programming skills in VBA; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience in accounting / portfolio administration, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have an understanding of Hiportfolio or equivalent accounting package, this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong knowledge of Morningstar, this would be a distinct advantage.
Superb team; global best practice standards; smart colleagues and rewards on performance which are significant.