R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company.
They now seek an Intermediate Business Analyst to join their team. This role has come about via succession planning in the business.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Problem solving and solution design:
- You will be required to have a strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements;
- You will be required to have the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Requirements elicitation:
- You will be required to have the ability to identify key stakeholders and gather requirements for specific problems / opportunities;
- You will be required to elicit requirements using a range of techniques;
- You will be required to have ability to drive and challenge business areas on their assumptions in an effort to come up with solid solutions.
- Value identification:
- You will be required to have the ability to recognise and articulate the expected ‘customer’ value for a specific problem;
- You will be required to have the ability to use the knowledge of their internal (and potential external) systems to maximise business value.
- Presentation and facilitation:
- You will be required to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts;
- You have the ability to prepare and present content as well as facilitate workshops. You have the ability to drive agreement and outcomes even when there are conflicting views / stakeholders.
- Communication and listening:
- You are the liaison between the business units, IT domains and your team members;
- You have the ability to actively listen, be responsive and express thoughts effectively.
- Documentation and written communication:
- You are able to develop requirements specifications to an appropriate level of detail, using various techniques, while conforming to team standards;
- You are able to interpret and express the needs of our users through visuals, e.g. mock-ups and user journeys.
- Project management and implementation:
- You are able to plan and manage individual projects, whilst coordinating stakeholders and timelines;
- You are able to support and drive the implementation.
- Team work and ownership:
- You are able to serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team;
- You are able to collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Passion and interest in online:
- You are able to keep up to date with online trends and behaviour;
- You are able to tie back cross-industry changes back to the domain;
- You will be required to analyse, design, test and implement business requirements and processes;
- You will be required to understand the diverse needs of their internal users, assess the impact of proposed solutions, capture, analyse and document requirements (within an agile environment) and then support the communication and delivery of those requirements;
- You will be part of the team that is very passionate in creating efficiency by automating workflow and leveraging off the backend systems, so you will be required to be passionate about creating efficiency and redesigning business processes.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to understand and learn new system architectures;
- You have tenacity and the ability to ‘get things done’;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills;
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in English;
- You have the ability to function well in a detailed environment with particular concern for accuracy and quality;
- You have good planning, organizational and time management skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com, B Bus Sc, Information Systems, Software Development, Systems / Data Analysis with strong academic performance;
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ current, relevant experience in web technologies and in the financial services sector;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience in a business analysis role;
- You have current, relevant experience in the use of business analysis frameworks and methodologies;
- You have familiarity with agile software development practices;
- You have strong SQL skills and databases knowledge.
This is a great opportunity to work for an award-winning company, whose vision is to be the best asset manager in SA by responsibly managing the creation of real long-term wealth for all!