R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an advice-led investment business for the discerning investor. They offer one point of contact for all your advice and investment needs. They are not simply one formidable business. They are the consolidation of several established businesses into a powerhouse of expertise, resources and world-class research.
They now seek a Finance Solutions Architect to join their wealth finance team. You have current, relevant experience in drafting the finance process, presenting these processes to management and stakeholders, driving change within the finance function and ensuring that the function and the business is compliant with legislation and the finance framework.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates and ideally a suitably qualified African black candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for ensuring the finance team, processes and systems are created, maintained and updated to ensure it is on the front line of change to support the execution of the business strategy;
- Financial systems management:
- You will be required to provide business requirements and consultancy on systems, processes, impacts, controls, accounting and reporting to project teams and peers;
- You will be required to supply technical architectural design for accounting and finance systems;
- You will be required to design strategy for future finance infrastructure requirements, inclusive of controls to ensure conformance to business disciplines;
- Governance and compliance:
- You will be required to implement and maintain processes, controls and governance, with specific focus on accounting and reporting processes;
- You will be required to design and institute appropriate and sufficient financial data recording to support all statutory, management and governance reporting requirements;
- Project management:
- You will be required to co-ordinate and drive delivery across the wealth finance team and supporting / outsourced providers to deliver outcomes;
- You will be required to have the role of Finance User Manager on project teams and in management boards;
- You will be required to plan project development and implementation from the financial requirements point of view;
- You will be required to obtain and organise finance resources for project work;
- You will be required to organise activities to allow for cooperation, communication, delivery, decision making and problem resolution within the affected business areas;
- You will be required to identify causes and corrections for incorrect accounting in systems;
- You will be required to project manage the finance change deliveries;
- Team effectiveness:
- You will be responsible for others’ time, tasks and output quality, over periods of three months to a year;
- You will be required to balance own priorities with directing and motivating others;
- You will be required to plan & assign work over periods of three months to a year;
- You will be required to create a climate for optimal performance;
- You will be required to manage performance;
- You will be required to select potential staff to sustain delivery.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a pro-active individual with strong financial systems, reporting and accounting skills to support the designing and implementing of finance requirements. New requirements emanate from product migrations, new initiatives, regulatory (including IFRS) requirements and other changes that support business competitiveness;
- You are confident and assertive;
- You haves strong decision making skills;
- You have honed information monitoring skills;
- You are able to initiate action;
- You take ownership;
- You have superior planning & organising skills;
- You are team orientated;
- You have strong technical knowledge;
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have minimum 2 years current, relevant experience in FS; and ideally investments;
- You have strong financial services background (Investments would be a distinct advantage);
- You have current, relevant project management experience;
- You are experienced in driving change from a finance perspective and able to influence teams around the change;
- You have a high level of energy and are able to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- You have strong business, systems, financial controls, and accounting experience;
- You are an independent thinker who requires little supervision required. You are analytical; a self-starter with a great work ethic.
Wonderful opportunity to work for a successful team. New role. You are a confident, articulate and hardworking CA(SA) who is able to manage multiple projects and work hard and smart. Rewards on performance are significant!