R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract an entice!
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint. Join their asset management team.
They now seek a Finance Manager – Projects, Transformation and Reporting to join their team.
The role reports to the Senior Finance Manager and will also work very closely with the Financial Director. Loads of exposure to the right people at the right level!
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for supporting the finance director and senior finance manager: planning and reporting;
- You will be responsible for overseeing finance and business related projects, pro-actively managing the company’s transformation agenda, providing support in the monthly reporting, forecasting and annual planning processes, analysis and interpretation of the cluster results and other ad hoc requests;
- You will be required to develop a business partner style approach by partnering with business to manage the key challenges;
- You will be required to provide key support to the FD.
- Projects, analysis and interpretation:
- o You will be responsible for adding insight to monthly reporting by linking drivers to outcomes to explain the current results and draw observations for management actions;
- o You will be required to analyse financial results and identify actions that need to be taken to monitor and manage costs and identify opportunities to improve revenue;
- o You will be responsible for monitoring progress against business plan and forecast;
- o You will be required to identify areas of improvement and drive them across the cluster;
- o You will be responsible for competitor analysis and interpretation of results;
- o You will be required to contribute to the implementation of financial strategy;
- o You will be required to manage finance related projects within the cluster, including interacting across business units and functions to deliver on business projects.
- Reporting and planning – assist Senior Finance Managers with:
- o You will be responsible for preparation of cluster results on a monthly basis for group reporting;
- o You will be responsible for monthly flash reporting;
- o You will be responsible for preparation of monthly business review pack for the company;
- o You will be responsible for co-ordination business planning process across the finance teams within the business;
- o You will be required to assist Senior Finance Manager’s on asset management results;
- o You will be required to pro-actively manage the overall BBBEE scorecard process which includes tracking progress of all BEE elements, based on the current, amended FSC and DTi Codes as well as associated reporting;
- o You will be responsible for relationship management with internal and external stakeholders including the ASISA, verification agency and consultants;
- o You will be required to present the scorecard to the transformation management structures as well as identifying strategies, mitigating actions in areas of improvement and implementation;
- o You will be required to fully understand the legislative environment as well as amended codes issued and the associated implications for company and various business units;
- o You will be required to compile social development reports for the foundation, trustees and other stakeholders;
- o You will be required to assist in unlocking SED synergies within the company and other programs.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to align performance for success;
- You have strong technical knowledge;
- You have great planning and organizing skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail with ability to understand the bigger picture;
- You have good stakeholder management skills;
- You have superb presentation skills;
- You are client centric with strong client services skills;
- You have excellent decision making skills;
- You have honed ownership skills;
- You are an independent self-starter;
- You have an analytical approach;
- You are technically competent.
- You are a team player.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You are studying towards CFA- this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant financial management experience in the asset management / investments / financial services arena;
- You have strong knowledge of current BEE environment;
- You have a strong focus on project conceptualization and implementation (including an understanding Corporate Finance activities);
- You have exceptional Excel and modelling skills;
- You have the ability to present at senior levels and possess good PowerPoint skills.
Great opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking and diligent individual with a good sense of their own self-worth to join an employer of choice. Flat organisational structure and superb rewards on success!