PACKAGE TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE.
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
They now seek an Operations Executive to join their team. The role resulted from succession planning.
“People Management is very important for this role. You must have the management experience and technical knowledge – this is not a “learning” ground role.”
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates, only.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be accountable for ensuring that all the investment administration and the reporting service deliveries are met either through the in-house team or the outsourced service providers;
- You will be required to act as the senior relationship contact within the company in terms of the outsource contracts / SLA’s with the third party administration service providers;
- You will be required to take appropriate action to ensure the best practice service delivery is received at all times;
- You will be required to provide an innovative approach to the company’s client services deliveries to ensure the different teams within the company deliver competitive edge services;
- You will be required to manage the business implementation of the financial model agreed to in terms of the contract/SLA’s between the company; Internal company recipients and its service providers;
- You will be required to manage the relationship with each of the recipient company business units, ensure that their needs are met by the interface office and performance research teams as well as the third party administrators;
- You will be required to manage the relationship with the company insofar as the company or other recipients provide investment-related services to the company;
- You will be required to manage the area to ensure adherence to the company ISAE3402 and the group internal control objectives;
- You will be required to manage a team of specialists and the team leaders of the client liaison teams;
- You will be required to deliver on strategic projects as sponsor or owner;
- You will be required to represent the company at ASISA;
- You will be required to manage the company’s interface office and performance research teams.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have technical knowledge;
- You have excellent negotiation skills;
- You have stakeholder relationship management skills;
- You have people leadership and management skills;
- You have communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills in English;
- You have excellent decision making skills;
- You have superb planning and organising skills;
- You are dynamic, flexible and able to work in a fluid environment;
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team;
- You are able to gain commitment;
- You have strong business awareness skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum 6 – 7 years current, relevant experience in the asset management industry with a sound understanding of the investment administration processes;
- You have a thorough understanding of the company’s business, clients and products, would be a distinct advantage;
- You have well-developed negotiation abilities in order to deal with the service providers to ensure that service requirements are met;
- You have current, relevant experience in leading and managing a team.
Great opportunity for an individual with a high energy levels; super smart and emotionally mature who has an outstanding work ethic.