R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is an investment holding company consisting of underlying investments that operate across industries which include financial services, banking, private equity, agriculture and education. They are hugely successful and still acquisitive of businesses and skills.
They now seek a Group Reporting Accountant to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to undertake complex assignments, meet tight deadlines and deliver excellent performance;
- You will be required to assist with the annual and interim audit and reporting process – preparation of reporting packs, integrated report, annual financial statements, SENS announcements, and AGM notices;
- You will be responsible for compilation of the monthly management information and assisting with the investigations of unusual financial trends and anomalies;
- You will be responsible for preparation of SAM group returns and assistance with stress testing scenarios for the insurance groups;
- You will be responsible for assisting various finance teams across the group with special ad-hoc reporting requirements and requests.
- Audit and annual and interim financial statements:
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of the consolidated audit pack to help the group reporting manager speed up the consolidation process during the audit;
- You will be responsible for the standardize audit pack for individual companies to ensure consistent treatment of similar items across the group;
- You will be required to provide financial managers in the group with guidance and assistance on the preparation of the financial statements of the subsidiaries in the group;
- You will be responsible for preparation of reporting packs, annual integrated report and annual financial statements in terms of IFRS;
- You will be required to prepare documentation for the auditors: impairment reviews, impact of future accounting policies, justification to consolidate / deconsolidate companies, operating segments, going concern assessment etc.
- Management information:
- You will be required to assist with the compilation of the monthly management reports using financial and non-financial information from various data sources;
- You will be required to compare actual performance to budget and prior year and obtain reasons for variances;
- You will be required to identify and investigate unusual financial trends and anomalies to ensure that actual performance is a true reflection of business performance and results achieved;
- You will be responsible for involvement in the forecasting of future financial performance.
- Regulatory reporting:
- You will be responsible for preparation of the annual group return for the insurance groups on a bi-annual basis;
- You will be responsible for assistance with producing stress tests on the consolidated results of the group to assess the impact of potential risk scenarios.
- Special projects:
- You will be required to assist with the process of providing financial managers in the group with guidance and assistance on complex IFRS reporting items;
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of memo’s / detail accounting analysis for all corporate transactions setting out the accounting principles to be applied.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are highly assertive and results-orientated individual who works with a strong sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced setting;
- You have the ability to generate financial reports in Excel by incorporating information from different data sources;
- You are meticulous;
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills;
- You have the ability to deliver results and meet management expectations;
- You have the ability to work under pressure;
- You have strong accounting technical knowledge;
- You have strong knowledge of accounting systems and financial reporting skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills;
- You have the ability to package and communicate financial information in a clear and concise manner.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ current, relevant experience in the financial services sector within a group environment; this is ideal
- You are proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- You have strong knowledge of complex accounting standards; this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have strong knowledge of AccPac, IDU and Qlikview; this would be a distinct advantage.
You are a strong, smart, hardworking, detail oriented CA(SA) who is keen to glean experience in a global best practice business. You will be rewarded handsomely on performance.